• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

High mileage Deesuls

yankster said:

It says that's for 01-05 year model Allison's. I think tbitoy has an lbz (06-07) truck if I remember correctly. Do they make something like this for the newer 6spd Allison trannys?

tallnate said:
It says that's for 01-05 year model Allison's. I think tbitoy has an lbz (06-07) truck if I remember correctly. Do they make something like this for the newer 6spd Allison trannys?

Yes, mine is an 07 Classic. It has a Trans Go Jr shift kit that I installed 180K miles ago when I first "modded" the truck.

my trans issue has more to do with big smokey burnouts, drag racing, dry pavement donuts and power slides, and towing 12K Lbs all over the south east...

I'm loving my new to me 96 F250 7.3 trubo, 5 speed, 4x4. It has 267k on it, but is in good shape for being a 19 year old work truck.

pholmann said:
Never ever ever buy a dodge. You'll regret it. Biggest pieces of crap ever built. Great motor, wrapped in a glitchy, unreliable dog turd.

I own a 2005 24v Cummins and I do not regret it at all. It is true that they are the "best hot dog money can buy in a moldy bun." Even more so with the previous generation trucks. BUT before this I owned a 2005 Duramax, before that a 2004 Powerstroke 6.0 6-speed manual, and before that a 2001 Powerstroke 7.3 and comparing stock to stock there is just no comparison in torque. There is a thread here from when I first got this truck and was simply amazed at the torque, I coudl do things with it that were simply impossible with the other trucks. The 7.3 was an auto and I replaced the trans twice in the first 75,000 miles. I think I was the only person in the world not to have issues with the 6.0 and the Duramax was a great truck, too. All of them had better quality body / fit & trim than the Dodge. But none matched in power.

All of the issues I've had with the Dodge have been well documented on the internet, they have all been small minor nuisances and easily repaired on my own, nothing that would have left me stranded somewhere. Never had the first issue with the drive train. I feel like I would have eventually had 6.0 issues. I'd rather be repairing minor interior issues than driveline issues. I stay on top of all my little body / interior issues and my truck still looks practically new inside. If the 7.3 would have had the manual trans I would have kept it to this day. My Dodge has the 6-speed manual NV5600 and as far as I'm concerned its the last truck I'll ever buy.

I've only got 120,000 miles on my Dodge now so its just getting broke in, doesn't qualify for the high mileage nomination. Just wanted to address the build quality portion of your comment.

patooyee said:
I own a 2005 24v Cummins and I do not regret it at all. It is true that they are the "best hot dog money can buy in a moldy bun." Even more so with the previous generation trucks. BUT before this I owned a 2005 Duramax, before that a 2004 Powerstroke 6.0 6-speed manual, and before that a 2001 Powerstroke 7.3 and comparing stock to stock there is just no comparison in torque. There is a thread here from when I first got this truck and was simply amazed at the torque, I coudl do things with it that were simply impossible with the other trucks. The 7.3 was an auto and I replaced the trans twice in the first 75,000 miles. I think I was the only person in the world not to have issues with the 6.0 and the Duramax was a great truck, too. All of them had better quality body / fit & trim than the Dodge. But none matched in power.

All of the issues I've had with the Dodge have been well documented on the internet, they have all been small minor nuisances and easily repaired on my own, nothing that would have left me stranded somewhere. Never had the first issue with the drive train. I feel like I would have eventually had 6.0 issues. I'd rather be repairing minor interior issues than driveline issues. I stay on top of all my little body / interior issues and my truck still looks practically new inside. If the 7.3 would have had the manual trans I would have kept it to this day. My Dodge has the 6-speed manual NV5600 and as far as I'm concerned its the last truck I'll ever buy.

I've only got 120,000 miles on my Dodge now so its just getting broke in, doesn't qualify for the high mileage nomination. Just wanted to address the build quality portion of your comment.
Just be sure to check the oil in the trans. My 2002 nv5600 didn't leak or atleast didn't look like it did, and without warning locked up due to not enough oil to get to the rear bearing.

AdamF said:
Just be sure to check the oil in the trans. My 2002 nv5600 didn't leak or atleast didn't look like it did, and without warning locked up due to not enough oil to get to the rear bearing.

Hm, odd. Where do you think the oil went?

I'm about to change my clutch so I'll check it then. Thanks.

Wish I knew! It wasn't empty just low,and the way the inside of the housing is cast makes a "damn" that blocks the oil when its not full. A lot of the places that refurbish the 5600s drill out or machine that spot so the bearing can always get oil.

AdamF said:
Wish I knew! It wasn't empty just low,and the way the inside of the housing is cast makes a "damn" that blocks the oil when its not full. A lot of the places that refurbish the 5600s drill out or machine that spot so the bearing can always get oil.

I did a lot of research before I bought my truck and that is the one flaw in the design of that amazing trans. There have been quite a few oiling failures with extended 6th gear towing. The fix is an extra qt or so over factory. But like you say, check it.

money_pit_yj said:
Why does everyone always say drive to California? Why not get in it and drive to North Dakota, or Ontario, heck you could even drive to the Panama Canal! For a bunch of east coasters, Yall sure do want to go to California a whole lot! Lol out loud!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's the furthest thing away I guess. well besides Alaska. Hell my Cummins could drive to Hawaii. Lets see your Dmax do that :stir: :stir: :flipoff1:

I just said screw it and bought a low mileage deesul. I figured if I was gonna spend $2500 why not $25-$30k? I know folks were hatin on the ole power goats but I have to say so far not a single issue!!!
fc89d168a8aa3f52d669245ac2ef8b75.jpg

Here she is......
5aa345ddd814cabf6973a8aa1add64be.jpg

I just got a work truck since I went 445% over budget!

rednecklights said:
Go big money !

I did in facto buy this truck, I just used my company's money. I ordered it in October and it just got back from the upfitter today!!! :****: Dodge gets a D- for quick productivity

Re: Re: High mileage Deesuls

85toyo said:
Maybe I missed it but what's a deesul?
It is a more expensive truck to own, operate, maintain, and fuel.......

Oh and they can roll coal and I want one!
money_pit_yj said:
Not mine. Bought for company.

Yeah but even when my dad got a new Mack it was nice and hey the lucky dog gets the new Mack. Only you lucked out with a new Ram.