• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hiking Thread

Trip out on the Oly Penn. Did a little 2 mile out and 2 mile back trail that ran right along a really cool lake.

View above lake before we went to the far side in the pic and hiked basically to directly beneath where the pic was taken.
IMG_5121.jpg

Keep Focused don't fall!!!:redneck:
IMG_5131.jpg

The girlfriend enjoying the cool air coming off the stream.
IMG_5132.jpg

View looking towards where the first pic was taken.
IMG_5135.jpg

Waterfall in another area of the forest, near our campground.
IMG_5163.jpg

went to Murphy's falls this weekend. went to all 4 falls, climbed the river all the way down and came back up on pack forest trails past the fire ponds. came out to the truck and found a couple that we seen on the trail looking confused? asked what was wrong? they said they were from federal way and that there honda accord was stolen, bummer. gave em a ride to the police station here in town.:booo:

was nice out untill we left, got lucky:cheer:

Attachments

• murphy's falls 002.jpg
    murphy's falls 002.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Heading to Spray Park then to Echo and Observation Rock this Saturday and you are more then welcome to tag along.

Hiked to Snow Lake last weekend. I will post pics when I get hom.

Hiked to Snow Lake last weekend.

ooooooh, that's up there with Gem lake at Alpental, right? Gorgeous up there, hoping to get up there me-self in the next couple of weekends..... I haven't fit in a hike all summer!! :booo: :booo:
(I'm getting antsy to get out while the gettin' still good!!) :awesomework:

more from the same day

we take the RC crawlers up here and its a blast, a mile or so of killer lines! :cool: some critters too!:awesomework:

Attachments

• murphy's falls 020.jpg
    murphy's falls 020.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 108
  • murphy's falls 024.jpg
    murphy's falls 024.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 103
  • murphy's falls 027.jpg
    murphy's falls 027.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 101
  • murphy's falls 006.jpg
    murphy's falls 006.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 112
  • murphy's falls 012.jpg
    murphy's falls 012.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 103
I try to get up to Three Fingers once a year, its a good workout to day hike it and reminds me I'm still physically fit. Here's a few pics from last year, I'll probably hit it up in September this year:awesomework:

Attachments

• 3 Fingers 004.jpg
    3 Fingers 004.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 114
  • 3 Fingers 007.jpg
    3 Fingers 007.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 110
  • 3 Fingers 001.jpg
    3 Fingers 001.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 3 Fingers 018.jpg
    3 Fingers 018.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 108
  • 3 Fingers 008.jpg
    3 Fingers 008.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 105
Oh and here's another one of the ladders at the top

Its the best part cause your super exhausted when you get there and if you slip you will probably die:awesomework:

Attachments

• 3 Fingers 003.jpg
    3 Fingers 003.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 109
Now THAT looks awesome!!!, just heard on the radio today that 3 people were stranded up there overnight, they found a shelter and were able to radio in, hopefully they get out today...:booo:

I will post up in this thread when I figure out when I can go. I try to pick a day with perfect weather cause things can turn shitty FAST when you are up that high. Thats gotta be exactly what happened to someone up there right now, as I watch rain fall here at sea level.

Its a challenging hike too. I took my girlfriend up there and her little legs wanted nothing to do with it, we turned around after less than two miles. Its about 14 or 15 miles round trip and a good 5000 vertical.:cool:

Cool! Post up when you know. I was thinking around the last 3 weekends in Sept. Like you, I will watch the weather then try to decide 4-5 days before.

My wife does ok on long hikes. It will be interesting to see how she handles the hike to Observation Rock this weekend.

http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&ll=48.067068,-120.721893&spn=0.039232,0.055275&t=h&z=14

Earlier this year in June three of us hiked into Myrtle Lake from the trailhead at the end of Entiat River Road (lower right in above link) then into Larch Lakes (the two further northwest). We made good time getting to Myrtle Lake by 5:30PM or so on the summer solstice (started hiking mid afternoon), covered about 5 miles of uphill. Myrtle Lake was bustling with campers, since it's accessible by horse and dirt bike. We decided to keep pushing on for Larch Lakes... little did we know, it was a grueling switchback trail up to the first lake, which was snowed in and still frozen over. We got there about 10:30 PM, set up camp and ate. We explored the next day and decided there was no way we would make it across to Cow Creek Meadows with the snow, so we stayed another day and hiked back down the way we came up.

I have pics at home I'll post. If you zoom in on the mountainside northeast of the lower Larch lake, you can see the switchbacks we trudged up in the snow, half in the dark. :awesomework:

I guess I didnt share my last hike/camp of the year yet, well major trip anyways, unless something comes up!!!:redneck:

Anyways, went to the Olympic Penn. Sol Duc campground. Hike from the trailhead 1.5 miles up the road to deer lake. It was pretty dang cold and damp both nights/days. Weather as reports in mid 30s at night.

Here is our lovely camp:
IMG_5392Medium.jpg

This is in maybe a mile it's a shelter of sorts that was closed for reconstruction:
IMG_5413Medium.jpg

A waterfall maybe 1000 yards up the trail from the shelter
IMG_5415Medium.jpg

Another 1.5 miles in another falls:
IMG_5450Medium.jpg

At Deer lake we sat on a bridge, warmed up and ate lunch: There was a map showing all the campsites around the lake, so we explored those and some other trails and headed back down after that.
IMG_5498Medium.jpg

IMG_5524Medium.jpg

Looking back from the other end of the lake, you can see the bridge we ate lunch at.
IMG_5538Medium.jpg

Some cool trail features: The trail was very rough and looked like a river flowed down the trail during the winter/spring, very rocky, and slick.
IMG_5493Medium.jpg

The trail....:haha:
IMG_5491Medium.jpg

Me freezing on Lake Crescent on the way home. Huge lake!
IMG_5549Medium.jpg

I hiked up Granite Mountain last week, on that last bright, totally clear sunny day we had on Monday.... well, it was stunning. We had a 360* view, we saw Rainier, Baker, and Hood! I wish I could figure out how to re-size the damn pictures, I've been wanting to post them all week!

('puters..... :rolleyes: :mad: )