• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Holley HP efi help

dynajeep

OK I picked up a new rig and it has Holley HP efi in it. 383 sbc, motor was making noise when I brought it in and I pulled the motor out and had it freshened up.

Fast forward to today I was getting ready to fire the motor up, and had everything top off with fluids. I go to roll it over and and over and over and over with nothing. I play with the distributor a few times and keep rollin it over. I start going through the process, have 40lbs of fuel at the rail, have spark.... so I dig a little deeper and I have nothing at any of the injectors.

I dig a little more and at the power relay for the power and (fuel pump but it's byassed) the relay isn't working. Bam think I found the problem... not, I bypassed the relay and still have nothing. I have rpms when I spray some brake cleaner in and it fires (I think this is how the efi works off the distributor)

Guess I'm lost and thinking I may have fried the computer. Going to try holley tomorrow and see what they say but trying to button it up this weekend. Any thoughts?

Will it run once you get it to fire on starting fluid? I had a similar issue with my Holley set up. Turned out the TPS went bad and the computer thought it was in "clear flood" when cranking.

Did you go through the menu and write another program? It may not have anything loaded . Answer the questions and turn the computer timing adnavce control off.

dynajeep said:
No sir, it'll fire for a second and that's it.

What ignition system are you running with it? I am running BigStuff III with an MSD 6AL and MSD Crankfire ignition and was having the same problem. I've been told everything from the square wave signal versus the round wave signal was messing with the ignition, to the crank fire sensor not being adjusted, to the length of the power/ ground wire to the computer not being the correct length(BS III requires it to be 10' in length for resistance purposes) Oh, and I am running a 388ci sbc. :dunno:
Sounds like the computer is not telling the injectors to fire though IMO AJ.

CHASMAN9 said:
What ignition system are you running with it? I am running BigStuff III with an MSD 6AL and MSD Crankfire ignition and was having the same problem. I've been told everything from the square wave signal versus the round wave signal was messing with the ignition, to the crank fire sensor not being adjusted, to the length of the power/ ground wire to the computer not being the correct length(BS III requires it to be 10' in length for resistance purposes) Oh, and I am running a 388ci sbc. :dunno:
Sounds like the computer is not telling the injectors to fire though IMO AJ.

Thanks guys for the feedback. I've pretty much narrowed it down to a smoked computer. Not sure why or how, but Holley is sending me 2, 1 is getting sent out to get the tune back and the other is to double make sure it's the computer. I'll post when I find out more... I hate computers since I don't have WiFi, cable or anything out in the sticks it makes it way difficult to get the programs downloaded to talk with The Holley system.

curious. did you even hook up lap top made sure
setting are correct?
perform tps autoset.?
system log?
see the live monitor for whats missing?

might be just system is set running with out timing control and just needed tps auto set.

it wont wire injectors if tps auto set is missing

Timjus said:
curious. did you even hook up lap top made sure
setting are correct?
perform tps autoset.?
system log?
see the live monitor for whats missing?

might be just system is set running with out timing control and just needed tps auto set.

it wont wire injectors if tps auto set is missing

Yes sir on the laptop, computer wouldn't communicate to the pcm at all. Tried everything, finally figured the pcm was bad. Got 2 new ones last night, both work, both communicate with the computer.

Not sure what settings are correct, engine still won't fire with base tunes, no live feed from anything. Did the tps auto, said it was done correctly. Still nothing. IAC is working, injectors work when first turn on ignition, but nothing when rolling over. Going to get the buggy over to a buddies house and hopefully get online with someone that knows.

dynajeep said:
Yes sir on the laptop, computer wouldn't communicate to the pcm at all. Tried everything, finally figured the pcm was bad. Got 2 new ones last night, both work, both communicate with the computer.

Not sure what settings are correct, engine still won't fire with base tunes, no live feed from anything. Did the tps auto, said it was done correctly. Still nothing. IAC is working, injectors work when first turn on ignition, but nothing when rolling over. Going to get the buggy over to a buddies house and hopefully get online with someone that knows.

gauge panel and strip chart should have stuff going when ignition is on and you are synced with ecu. make sure you have power in ignition while cranking.

is this tbi style system.
are you running ingnition control from ecu