• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Homemade fire starter tech

stano

Some of you may know about this, but we have been doing it for awhile and I thought I share it. I hate buying things that could be easily made from other things that just get thrown away.

It's pretty simple, only 3 items. Cardboard egg carton, dryer lint and wax. First 2 are simple enough and for the wax we use the candle warmer wax after it has quit smelling or just melt a candle (usually a gift...).

Fill egg carton w/ lint, pour wax over. Let cool and tear into cubes as needed. Works well for campfires or stoves/fireplaces. Usually only takes 1 cube!
5ety9yzy.jpg
2utu6uze.jpg

I had a retired fireman once tell me if I needed to burn a vehicle to just ignite a bag of lays potato chips in the seat :****:

TacomaJD said:
First I've ever heard about chips being that flammable....the grease and seasoning, I guess?

dry, starchy, greasy.

Light one up, it's impressive how much heat energy they release.

Calories = energy

Tater chips are just easy to burn

race_jeep said:
I had a retired fireman once tell me if I needed to burn a vehicle to just ignite a bag of lays potato chips in the seat :****:
I've actually had one tell me the same thing.

Sent from the mans IPhone.

Breach fluid and a chunk of a chlorine tablet. Sit back and wait no matches needed..

While my main idea for using this as a starter was for indoors (fire places, wood stoves), I have learned many new ways to start fires. Just have to keep some chips around for not eating and I'm gonna have to try the duct tape thing. I know some framers that use a tube of subfloor adhesive and that works like a boss!

stano said:
While my main idea for using this as a starter was for indoors (fire places, wood stoves), I have learned many new ways to start fires. Just have to keep some chips around for not eating and I'm gonna have to try the duct tape thing. I know some framers that use a tube of subfloor adhesive and that works like a boss!

Construction adhesive is it! Cut the tube sideways with a pocket knive, light, done. As good as a DuraFlame.