• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Horsepower numbers! wheel horsepower vs flywheel on an LS motor

pholmann said:
The engine in the previous thread is also an lq4 also. Granted the power difference stock isn't a whole lot, but 1 whole point of compression increase does mean bigger numbers with aftermarket cam, intake, head work, etc. There is a big difference between 9.5:1 and 10.5:1.
Agreed. Compression makes the power.

pholmann said:
The engine in the previous thread is also an lq4 also. Granted the power difference stock isn't a whole lot, but 1 whole point of compression increase does mean bigger numbers with aftermarket cam, intake, head work, etc. There is a big difference between 9.5:1 and 10.5:1.

I was thinking LQ9 for some reason...that is the engine I was discussing. My bad

Compression + headflow = woopow :smoke:

bad80cj said:
No replacement for displacement! 472 BBF 12.2 compression on a single mixer to keep the game fair! lol
there's no replacement for displacement! flashemifyougotem

Yes compression is another factor beatdown has 12:1 dome pistons was not available at time of build

Attitude 14:1 dome pistons

Bronco72 said:
And if you put one of thos fancy cold air kits on a LS its got to add at least 300 vhp. ( visual horse power)

So now we got rwhp, fwhp and vhp.......lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone's interested, look up chuckstuning or hhp on instagram/facebook. Their a local shop that pumps out some nasty n/a combos along with a ton of boosted ls setups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the difference between an "inertia" dyno like a dynojet vs a load based dyno like a mustang dyno. The inertia dyno will show a significantly higher hp number than the load dyno. This is real common in the drag racing world, and the reason that you see these "500 wheel hp" camaros running 12.5 1/4 mile times.

I was only sharing with you what the engine builder who builds these all the time said to me face to face. He said he had no idea what it would be at the wheels since the jeep wasn't done yet and he didn't do too many rigs with LS's on tons and 43's prior to my build.