• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hot weather work pants

patooyee

Does anyone have any that they can recommend?

Right now I just buy cheap Old Navy boot-cut Jeans when they are on sale because they get ruined so fast. Hard to beat denim durability but it sure as hell doesn't breath! Does anyone use something they like? Khacki color, jeans, doesn't matter. Just has to look decent with boots and be cheap / borderline disposable.

GONOVRIT said:
No, work in 90-100 degree heat year round. Always wear thin carharts or dickies for the durability.

No what? No you don't recommend them?

On days I go out in the field (utility work) I wear the "tactical" type pants. I usually get the colors I can still wear with a nice shirt for when I'm in the office.
I think I have some of these, or some other similar brand. Very lightweight, breathable, still look good, you can move in them..squat, bend over and so on..
$20
http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-shrike-tactical-pant.html?Color=SI%3A%20Sierra&Size=40%20x%2032&gclid=CIPincHk180CFQyHaQodYXQB0w#reviews

Also I have some carharrts like these that I absolutely love, and they're semi stain resistant..
You can find them cheaper than this below, it was just the first picture I found.

http://www.carhartt.com/products/Carhartt-Force-Tappen-Cargo-Pant-101148?s_kwcid=google!%7Bcampaignid%7D!%7Bmerchant_id%7D!%7Bproduct_id%7D!%7Bproduct_partion_id%7D&gclid=CPzKpq3m180CFQctaQodG1AGxw

When I worked in the field every day I usually wore Dickie type pants or carharrts depending on the weather.
Never jeans, couldn't stand them , then again we walk up to 10+ miles a day.

patooyee said:
Does anyone have any that they can recommend?
Does anyone use something they like?

No to this.

I wish someone made a durable, breathable work paint with a fair price point but I don't see it happening. I have constant heat rash on my legs when I work. Anything I've seen that is breathable wouldn't work in a harsh work environment. Myself and all my co workers have looked deep into this.

Re: Re:

patooyee said:
Yeah I'm not sure what style though. Some are styles are noticeably thicker than others.

I've bought em on clearance/sales when they're under $30. That's what I wear wheelin 99% of the time because jeans give ya swamp ass and chub rub in a suspension seat all day, plus climbing in and out, running up and down rocky trails.

Those nylon "tactical" pants are pretty good too. I used to wear those a lot, but the ones I had crotch would bust out because they weren't "low cut" enough and my gut kept em pushed down....

Duluth Trading Firehose Flex Cargo pants are the most comfortable pants out there.....I never worn a better pair of work pants, and the fleece lined are great for cold weather. I think they are on.sale right now also. Only buy the Flex style.

We have 100% cotton work cloths at work. I like them a lot. Much cooler then denim. I've prob have some that are 10 years old.

The ones we have now are universal overall brand. Flexabe and light. No idea what they cost but I'd look into them if I was looking.

Maybe I should explain more. I work in hot BBQ kitchens all day long. They average about 80-90* with the a/c running full blast 24/7. The wear and tear on the actual pants is minimal. It's stains that kills them. My average pair lasts a month before it is so stained up that I look like I just butchered a live pig and can't be seen in public with them any more. I don't think there is anything I can do about the fact that BBQ sauce, pig blood, ketchup, and fat stain. They'll stain a $75 pair of pants just as bad as the $19 pairs I have now. So a $75 pair of pants is not what I'm looking for. Often I will wear a new pair of pants to work and stain it so bad that they can not be worn again within the first hour. So think more along the lines of pants that you wouldn't be mad about if you received them in the mail and then threw them directly in the trash.

smbroady82 said:
On days I go out in the field (utility work) I wear the "tactical" type pants. I usually get the colors I can still wear with a nice shirt for when I'm in the office.
I think I have some of these, or some other similar brand. Very lightweight, breathable, still look good, you can move in them..squat, bend over and so on..
$20
http://www.lapolicegear.com/lapg-shrike-tactical-pant.html?Color=SI%3A%20Sierra&Size=40%20x%2032&gclid=CIPincHk180CFQyHaQodYXQB0w#reviews

Just ordered one to see how I like them.

Wife broke down and bought me a pair of the Duluth Dry on the fly & a pair of the underwear and they are AWESOME! They will cost you but worth it IMO.

Re:

Have you thought about slipping on a pair of light weight Dickie's type mechanic coveralls when you have to work in the kitchen ?

Or black pants

If that's what you're doing why just buy some scrub bottoms like nurse's wear. Very breathable and thin. I believe they can be had pretty cheap to. If stains is a big problem I wouldn't buy a 70 pair of pants cause you're gonna stain them bitches up to. Hell buy scrubs and when there messed up make shop rags out of them.