• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hot weather work pants

I do recycle my pants into shop pants and eventually shop-"jorts." But I typically won't take the time to slip on a protective cover-pant when I need to get **** done. I just do it. Then I need to go BS with customers and look presentable since I am the owner. So I have to look like $1000 but still get **** done. It's a dichotomy, I know. Story of the restaurant industry really. Everyone wants to have their cake and eat it, too.

HageredYota85 said:
Wear an apron. Cheap. Simple. Don't buy expensive clothes to work in a kitchen.

I don't. I wear disposable $19 Old Navy jeans. I already said that. I do wear an apron when I am cooking. But being the owner I am also the company plumber, a/c repairman, equipment repairman, sanitation inspector, etc. Sometimes you have to get on your knees in the muck. Just no way around it. I'm looking for a cooler, more breathable option for disposable pants is all.

Geez, ask for a pair of pants and I've got people trying to tell me how to do my job now! :)

I'm sure you probably have, but have you talked with ameripride or cintas? They are so cheap on uniforms it's worth it to not have to buy new stuff all the time. Plus they pick up and clean your dirty stuff so you don't have to.

grcthird said:
I'm sure you probably have, but have you talked with ameripride or cintas? They are so cheap on uniforms it's worth it to not have to buy new stuff all the time. Plus they pick up and clean your dirty stuff so you don't have to.

That's a good idea. I will look into that. It's what I had when I worked at Ford. Don't know why I didn't think of it. We already get rags and aprons from Aramark.

Dangle-reno-911-6625978-333-500.jpg

Im a boat mechanic, most of the work I do is outside, with the majority of it during the hot humid summer.It gets pretty hot and humid here in Charleston, SC. I started buying the" George" brand work slacks at Wal Mart, they scutally hold up pretty well. I don't know what they are made of, but when new, they kinda fel like microfiber. AFter theyve been washed a few times, they feel like light cottton canvas. The most appealing part, is they have them in fat guy sizes. I wear 38/30s. Everytime I look at work clothes, they all have my waist size in 40 long pants. Ive treid teh "tactical" type pants with the pockects all over them, I can't make it thru the day without ripping a pockect off

sparepartsdave said:
Im a boat mechanic, most of the work I do is outside, with the majority of it during the hot humid summer.It gets pretty hot and humid here in Charleston, SC. I started buying the" George" brand work slacks at Wal Mart, they scutally hold up pretty well. I don't know what they are made of, but when new, they kinda fel like microfiber. AFter theyve been washed a few times, they feel like light cottton canvas. The most appealing part, is they have them in fat guy sizes. I wear 38/30s. Everytime I look at work clothes, they all have my waist size in 40 long pants. Ive treid teh "tactical" type pants with the pockects all over them, I can't make it thru the day without ripping a pockect off

I've bought a few pair of these and they are fairly durable and breathe good. They're not that expensive either. Cintas and aramark have cotton or blend coveralls too, if you wanted to go that route. I'd get a few sizes bigger than needed since you'd be pulling off and back on a few times a day though.

At least your kitchen has ac, mine doesnt. Why not wear an apron? I did to start saving my shorts.

Learned a trick to clean dirty clothes: hydrogen peroxide, baking soda, and dawn dish soap. Let them soak and then wash with the mix in the washer.

I work outside all year and typically wear overalls in the winter but during summer I wear the cheap walmart brown pants. There lightweight and tuff and $15 a pair. They usually last about 2 years before they dryrot and tear in the crotch area.

I didn't read it all but I work for caterpillar and go to mines a lot work in the heat all day ect. The thin carharts do great. And I wanna get some
Of those Duluth pants and try them. But they also sell thin carhartt knock offs at tractor supply that do just as good and hold up

If you can wear shorts the best thing I have found is cheap swim trunks they are light weight lets your junk breath and if you do get sweaty they dry fast