• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hot weather work pants

patooyee said:
Just ordered one to see how I like them.

I'm wearing these today for the first time. I pretty much fell in love with them the instant I put them on. They are so much cooler than jeans! I feel like I have been missing something major all my life! I do have 2 minor beefs with them though. The cell phone pocket is 2" too high. I can't put a cell phone in it because it interferes with my hip bending. And the cargo pockets are 2" too low. Can't put anything in them because it interferes with my knee bending. That's not why I got the pants though so I'm still super-stoked!

patooyee said:
I'm wearing these today for the first time. I pretty much fell in love with them the instant I put them on. They are so much cooler than jeans! I feel like I have been missing something major all my life! I do have 2 minor beefs with them though. The cell phone pocket is 2" too high. I can't put a cell phone in it because it interferes with my hip bending. And the cargo pockets are 2" too low. Can't put anything in them because it interferes with my knee bending. That's not why I got the pants though so I'm still super-stoked!

Maybe you're just built wierd, like a Picasso. :flipoff1:

Glad they're working out. You'll have to give us a report on them in a few months. I went back and looked, some of the ones I have are the 5.11 brand. They're still holding up after over a year so I am more than happy with them.

patooyee said:

How are the front pockets on them? I have a different brand but are similar to those and the pockets look huge but are like womens pants with super short lining in them. Is the sizing about normal like jeans? It sucks ordering online for clothes or shoes just to get them and they be different sizes than normal :****:

jimbo0076 said:
How are the front pockets on them? I have a different brand but are similar to those and the pockets look huge but are like womens pants with super short lining in them. Is the sizing about normal like jeans? It sucks ordering online for clothes or shoes just to get them and they be different sizes than normal :****:

Cavernous. I can easily fit my large Droid Turbo 2 in the bottom and pile stuff on top if I want. Or I can fit a Glock 43 with space to spare. Could probably also fit a mid-size semi-auto and a full-size would probably almost fit. The opening of the pocket has a flat area at the bottom to clip a knife securely while still accessing stuff down inside as well.

I ordered 4 more pairs yesterday. They have a special running right now where you get a free belt with every 2 pairs. So I got 2 free belts as well. The pants are so comfortable that I didn't even want to take them off to go to bed last night.

patooyee said:
Cavernous. I can easily fit my large Droid Turbo 2 in the bottom and pile stuff on top if I want. Or I can fit a Glock 43 with space to spare. Could probably also fit a mid-size semi-auto and a full-size would probably almost fit. The opening of the pocket has a flat area at the bottom to clip a knife securely while still accessing stuff down inside as well.

I ordered 4 more pairs yesterday. They have a special running right now where you get a free belt with every 2 pairs. So I got 2 free belts as well. The pants are so comfortable that I didn't even want to take them off to go to bed last night.

How do you think they would hold up in a shop/welding enviroment?

Jduck said:
How do you think they would hold up in a shop/welding enviroment?

I honestly don't know. They seem tough but I have zero experience with such a light-weight pant. The material seems extremely tough. It has stain-resistant teflon coating and of course the rip-stop material. I just don't know. Once they get too stained to continue wearing to work they will become shop-pants for me but that hopefully won't be for a while.

As everyone knows, I have about 30 pairs of jeans between what has become my shop supply and my work supply. They have a cycle of disposability. They start off as work-jeans, become shop-jeans, and eventually shop-"jorts." (I'm happily married and alone when I go to the shop, what do I care what I look like?) After that they become shop-rags and then they finally get thrown away. These pants will go through the same cycle of life. Well, except they probably won't be good rags since water and liquids tend to run off of them instead of get absorbed.

Ive always wondered if washing work clothes makes them less durable...for example...you wear them to work...maybe they got a little dirty or not dirty at all...you wash them because you worn them to work in...so now weather or not they needed to be washed or not, they have been washed...so if they were dirty or stained...did the wash get the stain out OR just make the stain permanent and the pants clean...should I have not washed them and wait till they were for sure dirty and have a set of pants thast in their lifetime only got washed say 10 times instead of 50....washing something that many times surely has to wear the fabric out and "look" worn or stained...

bbone said:
Ive always wondered if washing work clothes makes them less durable...for example...you wear them to work...maybe they got a little dirty or not dirty at all...you wash them because you worn them to work in...so now weather or not they needed to be washed or not, they have been washed...so if they were dirty or stained...did the wash get the stain out OR just make the stain permanent and the pants clean...should I have not washed them and wait till they were for sure dirty and have a set of pants thast in their lifetime only got washed say 10 times instead of 50....washing something that many times surely has to wear the fabric out and "look" worn or stained...

My wife says I am crazy how fast I go through clothes, two to three changes a day, all washed every time. No way I could put on "dirty" clothes. A dry clean suit is my only exception.

JohnG said:
My wife says I am crazy how fast I go through clothes, two to three changes a day, all washed every time. No way I could put on "dirty" clothes. A dry clean suit is my only exception.

I left out the part that I wash mine as soon as I get them off...just wondering if I am making them wear out faster by washing them so much.

After reading of these here, I ordered 3 pair right away too. I got them to be warm weather long pants that look presentable. They say they're teflon coated and they feel exactly like some other pants that have lasted through some garage tasks they did not deserve to as far as staining goes. Time will tell since I'm REALLY bad about not changing before carrying dirty **** around in the shop real quick when I get home from being clean.

They don't feel like they breathe amazingly, but they feel good so far. Only double stitched, not triple, but they have a HUGE crotch gusset which is where I usually ruin my pants so I'm hopeful. They fit and feel great. Like Patooyee said the pockets are solid. They don't have a 'lip' at the back edge though so I expect to loose pens and change in the couch but it's perfect for clipping my Sog on and not loosing pocket access.

Easily worth 30-40 at a $20 price. Unless something surprises me I'll be buying more. They feel just as good and 80% the quality of the 5.11 for less than half the price, and they come in lengths so I'm not tying blousing ties and cuffing under when I put them on to not look like a weirdo (maybe I bought the wrong 5.11 model)