• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how did i do? Stick clod

crewchi

Well i just got this in the mail! I paid 175 shipped so i hope i did good. Came with controller charger and two batts. It was missing a link but no biggie im going to build new ones and tie rods. I am having a problem getting the front axle to steer. Any suggestions? I also want to get new tires and beadlocks. What would you guys suggest for it? I need to get some weight in the front end but besides that i dont know. Im new to the rc thing to so any suggestions would be great!

Last edited:
Well i just got this in the mail! I paid 175 shipped so i hope i did good. Came with controller charger and two batts. It was missing a link but no biggie im going to build new ones and tie rods. I am having a problem getting the front axle to steer. Any suggestions? I also want to get new tires and beadlocks. What would you guys suggest for it? I need to get some weight in the front end but besides that i dont know. Im new to the rc thing to so any suggestions would be great!

Nice you got a good deal. I built that rig and had around $250 in it with out the axles. Steering? Whats it doing? swap the servo plugs at the reciever and see if it works. If its just weak put a real servo in it (those are just some junk I had laying around) Also order a few extra outer axle housings for a few bucks (your gonna need 'em) or pony up for the alluminum ones.

I will switch it and see if it works. I thought the servos werent anything fancy by looking at them. Can you recommend a brand? I will get some outers for the axle to thanks!

Hi-tech. 645mg is a good reasonably priced servo. I'm sure some one will ring in a better one though. look for metal gears and the highest torque rating in your price range.

Can you recommend a brand?

A 645 servo isn't going to do you any good on that crawler, That servo can't hardly get the job done on a 2.2. It is going to be too weak for that Super class rig for sure.

You will need a JR8711, Torque: 403 oz/in @ 6V, they are not cheap, but will get the job done. If you are on a budget, you can get buy with a Hobbico CS-170 servo Torque: 6V = 333 oz-in.

If you do anything less for a servo, you WILL break it, and it WILL not turn those big tires very good at all.

Thanks guys for the info. I really need to get the tires wider and get a narrower tire. Right now at full turn the tire hits the servos. What beadlock would you suggest. Im thinking of the flat iron (krawler) tire? And getting some spacers. What ya think

Go with the Axial oversize narrow bead locks and the Moab XL,s. They don't make the Flat iron in that size. The Moab XL is the only tire out that works, the rest look cool and that is it.

The rim size you have is called a 40 series, in fact, pm Todd1803. He just changed out wheels and tires and should have what you want for sale. Tell him I sent ya. :awesomework:

Thanks Dude! I pm'd him. Will i need to get adapters for those wheels or spacers? Well i also just took apart the rear axle and found that the jb weld had come apart and the diff was now open and the gears that meet up to the motor gear are getting stripped. Maybe now i should change tooth counts. The gear on the motors are 10s and the gear they drive with are 50s. Any suggestions? And im going to get lockers and take out the jb weld.

I also found that the wires out of the front servo were ripped out of the plug so its time to upgrade

Last edited:
Todd might have the adapters you will need too. As far as gearing, Most run a 9 tooth in the front and a 8 tooth in the rear. It helps with the clod stall.

Do you have the motor adapters on there?? They would be like a thick washer that bolts to the motor and then there is two slotted areas for the screws that bolt the whole think up to the gear box, you are going to need those to go to the smaller pinions you will need.

Its got the motor adjusters. And the pinions should be different F/R. Cant remember how much but they are different. He's got stock traxxas t-maxx sevros in it so anything would be an upgrade.

I will have to pull apart the front end and count the teeth. I say the spacer washer on the motor. Im also going to upgrade the steering also while im at it.

I never suggest folks get a super unless they klnow where alot of really big rocks are or want to comp with other super trucks.

I have plenty of big rocks to play around with. I don't like the power distribution between the front and rear axle. I want both axles 100% of the times. So I think I need a little LOSI.

I have plenty of big rocks to play around with. I don't like the power distribution between the front and rear axle. I want both axles 100% of the times. So I think I need a little LOSI.

Clod stall takes some time to get used to. But once you learn it and adjust your driving style its far better than a shafty IMO...