• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How did u come up with the name of your rig???

RockIt - self explanatory for a rock race car.

Red RockIT - the new one Tuckers Off Road is building will be red and much faster

yankster said:
White Trash from the color, was gonna be white power but we were hoping to get in in Crawl magazine so we edited. Glad Jon took it.
Bombshell was for a fine ass woman.
The new one will be named after an insult a former friend/boss gave me the day I quit...and I embraced it to shove it in his fat face: Control Freak
That's funny cause everything I fill out to race or be in a magazine I put white power as the name of my buggy. They have never printed it? Reason I call it that you may ask? Go outside and yell white power at the top of your lungs and let me know how good it feels to let it out.

Also I'm curious as to this new buggy name and about how long ago it came about?

Lady Luck= my wife won her battler with cancer
Hog wild = we have a pet pig , seemed fitting
I always have stewed on names for days , I have a few potential names wrote down for future rigs , mine actually had a different name at first and all my buddies kinda hit me with slang they would call it , it changed quickly !

BUG-E J said:
Also I'm curious as to this new buggy name and about how long ago it came about?
It came about when I backed off the fab work and came back to pipelining. With some folk, as soon as you no longer make/pay them money they have no use for you, and when reasoning and intelligent conversation is over their heads they resort to name calling. Sound familiar?

Heart Attack buggy was the name when I got it, but it fits my driving style. lol Also leaving it as such as a tribute to my father who passed away from one. thumb.gif

ADMINISTRATOR

yankster said:
It came about when I backed off the fab work and came back to pipelining. With some folk, as soon as you no longer make/pay them money they have no use for you, and when reasoning and intelligent conversation is over their heads they resort to name calling. Sound familiar?
molaugh :rolf:. Yeah I don't know how many people in cave springs georgia have an over average iq but I know for a fact how many dont.

Bouncing Betty, military theme, tube on the front looks like a pair of 1950s glasses on an old housewife named Betty or Norma or something. Plus with the Iroks I had to hit obstacles at 70 mph and bounce up em.

Was trying to climb something and someone called my jeep shorty, then it went to shawty.... I hate it but it stuck. My truck just gets called the pig because it's ugly and it's a tow pig.

My cousin and I were the blacksheep of the family, we both had S10 2wd shortbed 4 cyl 5 speeds, his black, mine dark blue that would drive themselves home drunk (19 years ago). Wyatt called us the blacksheep squadron. Mine became a hotrod and sold, his became a donor for a nicer S10, I took the body and part of the frame and bent up the rest into a truggy, my first linked built rig in 2003ish. It was still the blacksheep as it was when it was the little S10, and I needed a pirate screen name. I think blacksheep was taken, so the 10 part of S10 stuck to the back. That rig went to Alabama, then Mississippi, then no sure after that. Kept the name. Otherwise, the few rigs I've had since then haven't had a name.

I didn't name mine at all because I'm not a 5 year old, a WWE wrestler, or a monster truck... :flipper: :stir: :fish: :popcorn:

I do have a question I have always wondered about these "named" buggies....

When you talk to your buddies and your wheeling friends...do you refer to your own buggy by its name, in the 3rd person, or just say "my buggy"? laughing1

"hey man, have you seen my jacket? I had it when I was riding with you earlier?"
"oh yea its over there in the seat of GOTDANGOLEHILLKILLINREDGREENMONSTERMOONSHINERIPPERMACHINEJUMPERROCKER"
"cool thanks!"

"hey honey, can you come help me tonight plant some flowers?"
"ohh sorry babe I was planning on going over to Ted's house to help him work on TREEROCKDIRTFUCKERLAUNCHER tonight...can we do it tomorrow night instead?"
"sure, that will work! Have fun!"

slravenel said:
I didn't name mine at all because I'm not a 5 year old, a WWE wrestler, or a monster truck... :flipper: :stir: :fish: :popcorn:

I do have a question I have always wondered about these "named" buggies....

When you talk to your buddies and your wheeling friends...do you refer to your own buggy by its name, in the 3rd person, or just say "my buggy"? laughing1

"hey man, have you seen my jacket? I had it when I was riding with you earlier?"
"oh yea its over there in the seat of GOTDANGOLEHILLKILLINREDGREENMONSTERMOONSHINERIPPERMACHINEJUMPERROCKER"
"cool thanks!"

"hey honey, can you come help me tonight plant some flowers?"
"ohh sorry babe I was planning on going over to Ted's house to help him work on TREEROCKDIRTFUCKERLAUNCHER tonight...can we do it tomorrow night instead?"
"sure, that will work! Have fun!"

Yes

Re: How did u come up with the name of your rig?

slravenel said:
"GOTDANGOLEHILLKILLINREDGREENMONSTERMOONSHINERIPPERMACHINEJUMPERROCKER"

This one taken already?

....seriously though...

For me , building a buggy and putting countless hours in it, having built a few and owned several rigs... it's certainly easier identifying each rig with a name other then " that red one " also I use them for entertainment much like a boat or hot rod which typically are named . So why the hell not name it!

I called the gremlin "the gremlin"... Most people thought I had a compact AMC car. It was super confusing and I wouldn't advise it. Pretty sure a few people thought it was an AMC gremlin (even while looking at it) with Toyota axles because they are stupid, or I am stupid, either one.

We used to call any of our rigs the "HILL KILLIN PIG SQUEALING DEATH ROCKET" just to mess with people

Mine was named by some friends the "Rice Krispy Treat" because no matter what parts I replaced it always snapped, crackled, and popped on the trail but kept going. Although it doesn't do it anymore.
I usually just refer to it as the piece of **** or peice of **** xj.

Re: How did u come up with the name of your rig?

I have to say, my buggy get a new name ever time I go somewhere. It gets the usual GRASSHOPPER but had been call the-bath tub,a bug, spaceship. Just whatever floats your boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usally refer to mine as, "my jeep". But its named Tjunk (the junk) cause it was a wrecked vehicle when I got it, then found decent junkyard parts to piece it back together.