• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How did u come up with the name of your rig???

Eddyj said:
My wife calls mine a dune buggy in front of other people just to get a ride out of me.
It works
Ok is that a misspell or does your wife call it a dune buggy to put you in the mood? It's confusing

slravenel said:
I didn't name mine at all because I'm not a 5 year old, a WWE wrestler, or a monster truck... :flipper: :stir: :fish: :popcorn:

I do have a question I have always wondered about these "named" buggies....

When you talk to your buddies and your wheeling friends...do you refer to your own buggy by its name, in the 3rd person, or just say "my buggy"? laughing1

"hey man, have you seen my jacket? I had it when I was riding with you earlier?"
"oh yea its over there in the seat of GOTDANGOLEHILLKILLINREDGREENMONSTERMOONSHINERIPPERMACHINEJUMPERROCKER"
"cool thanks!"

"hey honey, can you come help me tonight plant some flowers?"
"ohh sorry babe I was planning on going over to Ted's house to help him work on TREEROCKDIRTFUCKERLAUNCHER tonight...can we do it tomorrow night instead?"
"sure, that will work! Have fun!"

:rolf: :rolf: :rolf: that's good stuff !

I refer to mine as "the bug" when I talk about it, simple enough

Awesome stories! :D

Mine were simple:
1. first one was slow (220:1 crawl), gray, and ugly, so "DiscoDino" (it was a Land Rover Discovery truggy)
2. second/current one is a meaner version with 54s, RWs, Z06-ed LQ4, NV4500, HERO 3, ORIs, etc...so called it "Rex" (as in T-Rex, also based on a Land Rover, Defender pick-up this time)

We could start another spin off thread of **** people say at gas stations when seeing your buggy. " hey man, going to a mud bog ?"

DiscoDino said:
Awesome stories! :D

Mine were simple:
1. first one was slow (220:1 crawl), gray, and ugly, so "DiscoDino" (it was a Land Rover Discovery truggy)
2. second/current one is a meaner version with 54s, RWs, Z06-ed LQ4, NV4500, HERO 3, ORIs, etc...so called it "Rex" (as in T-Rex, also based on a Land Rover, Defender pick-up this time)

Holy shite! Did you run WEROCK a few years back? If so, that thingis badass!

Rockwells607 said:
We could start another spin off thread of **** people say at gas stations when seeing your buggy. " hey man, going to a mud bog ?"
I want an enclosed in a bad way. What's that thing cost? What kinda frame is that? Did that used to be a jeep? Man you got nitrous what kind of system? The worst is if I have to make a Wal mart run on a trip. ::)

BUG-E J said:
I want an enclosed in a bad way. What's that thing cost? What kinda frame is that? Did that used to be a jeep? Man you got nitrous what kind of system? The worst is if I have to make a Wal mart run on a trip. ::)

Seriously though, what kind of frame is that?

The Dirt Squirrel refers to an elegant mustache. Heard that term when i was watching an E-trade commercial back in the day. Even had mustache rock rings at one point.

BUG-E J said:

Last year, I was getting diesel and had my jeep on the trailer. This guy in his 60s or 70s walks up and says, " what is that?" I said, its a rockcrawler, it climbs up rocks, hills, etc... He replied, "for fun?" I died laughing and said yes sir.

DallasBlade said:
Last year, I was getting diesel and had my jeep on the trailer. This guy in his 60s or 70s walks up and says, " what is that?" I said, its a rockcrawler, it climbs up rocks, hills, etc... He replied, "for fun?" I died laughing and said yes sir.

haha I have gotten a few "now why in the hell would you do that?!"

but my most common ones are "how fast is that thing?" "thayersuh mudbog round the way i betchoo caint make it thru" and the tried and true "aw man my uncle got himself an ess-tenn blayzer thatll climb everything. sumbitch is on some 37 swampers and aint never been stuck"

Getting fuel headed out one weekend and some dude jumped out of his work van and came running over. Dude asks how many deer have I hit, then goes on to explain his cousin's uncle's sister brother's giraffe or whoever builds stuff like that in Oklahoma to go run dirt roads and run deer over. :wtflol:

Buggy name is Wanna Be. Buddy of mine always says I'm a wanna be so I used it.

Friends call mine the Blue Waffle since it's rust holes resemble a waffle. And it's blue. Don't Google "blue waffle" on your work computer

patman said:
Friends call mine the Blue Waffle since it's rust holes resemble a waffle. And it's blue. Don't Google "blue waffle" on your work computer

I now wish, I hadn't of googled that at all... :wtflol:

How did u come up with the name of your rig?

I started calling mine "side chick" bc when I was building it my wife would say I spent to much time and money on it so it just came to me when she said that. Asked if she would prefer I get a real "side chick"....I didn't think so lol
bf070e2cd76536fe2169db02134d6bb3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DallasBlade said:

My grandpa used to say all the time "All that'll do is getcha stuck where a tractor can't even get to ya!"

I'd like to incorporate that into a buggy name somehow, but havent quite figured it out yet.