• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do you buggy guys keep all the crap off of you?

KarlVP

Love that TOYOTA
Since I've rebuilt my jeep it has had no rear fenders.

When mobbing down the forest roads from trail to trail in the rain / wet roads. I get mud and such everywhere.

How do you EBP folks avoid this?

I get mud and such everywhere.
:haha::haha::haha:

:hi:

Now you know why I kept my rear sheet metal when I did my 7 inch stretch on the TJ. Take the rear back as far as possible, without doing a comp-cut.

But to answer your question. Run a tonneau cover, like Amanda's TJ. Just have to modify it slightly to compensate for the cage.

Helly Hansen bibs,my old Northface snowboard jacket(Goretex),rubber boots and a crazy pair of gloves my wife got me that work wonders when wet. That stuff just keeps me dry and warm(ish)....I still look like I've been dipped in **** at the end of the day:redneck:

As Mark eluded to...I use layers of polypro,silk,wool and fleece...NO COTTON...under my outer shells and stay pretty comfy

I will add to what others have said about layers of clothing. Bring extras, you never know when you are going to spring a leak(read:tear an outer layer.) :)

The way I see it Karl, you have 3 choices, rain gear and deal with getting covered in mud, no rain gear and get soaked and covered in mud, or put you top on.

thats why i have a winter rig and a summer rig.
but ya a good set of rain gear for sure, i have a cover that goes right behind the seats that has a little window, kinda like one of those wind deflectors you see on jeeps.

Something else you might notice about most buggies is you're not seated directly in line with the tires. Usually in effort to keep things narrow the seats are close together which mover the driver in a bit......
That and rain gear.

Rain gear and goggles like others have said...

With that, I'll add go with bibs. It never fails that your seat manages to collect mud and water, with normal waist height rain pants your sitting in that and you ass ends up wet. With my bibs I stay nice n dry.

Also, I wear tall rubber boots. Knee height, learning to work the pedals in them took a bit of work since I was used to wearing hiking boots for years. But durring the winter you can't beat them. At the end of the day going through the busy and coming out dry top to bottom is nice.

I have a full cab truck and have never pull off this feat! :shitstorm:

Well what are you wearing? Because you are doing something wrong. I have nothing but tube, no side panels, no roof. And I have gone through the busy during the wettest of times and came out dry. Sure my rain gear was dripping wet but it did it's job and kept my base layers and my body dry.
:corn:

Snowboard pants, boots, my hunting coat, riding gloves and goggles. Also rock a layer of under armor cold gear underneath it to stay warm and comfy. Its nice wearing the UA and not having to have a bunch of layers to stay warm.