• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do you feel about having your picture posted on social media?

Random business owner walks up to you, snaps your pic, and posts it on FB.

• Total voters
With a baited poll?
Had there been an option "I don't give a ****" then I would have selected that one. But I selected the "I'm gone be phamous" which I bet some did not because they don't want to say they are narcissistic, so they selected "Not Cool".

LandSpeeder said:
With a baited poll?
Had there been an option "I don't give a ****" then I would have selected that one. But I selected the "I'm gone be phamous" which I bet some did not because they don't want to say they are narcissistic, so they selected "Not Cool".

Exactly what I thought. molaugh

OK, I would change the poll but I don't see how now. What would you like the options to be? You can rescind your vote and then vote again if you want as well.

patooyee said:
... just sitting there, eating your meal, having a convo with your wife or something, and the business owner comes up to your table, asks you to smile, thanks you for coming in, and then maybe later on you find out they posted it to their FB page with a caption that says something like, "This happy couple is enjoying our new spicy chicken fajita for their first time! Come in and try one soon! #Applebees"

This is specifically the scenario I am wondering about. I made the assumption that people here are used to my sarcasm by now and would know what option 1 really meant. (After all, I'm Hardline's #1 prick, right?) But if not please just interpret it as merely saying, "Cool." and change your vote accordingly since I can't edit the poll.

I'm going to assume the exception to the rule here is having your picture made with your Hooters waitress, then it's fair game. flashemifyougotem :drinkers:

patooyee said:
This is specifically the scenario I am wondering about. I made the assumption that people here are used to my sarcasm by now and would know what option 1 really meant. (After all, I'm Hardline's #1 prick, right?) But if not please just interpret it as merely saying, "Cool." and change your vote accordingly since I can't edit the poll.

Awww patooyee...we love you...but you're not #1... maybe top 5.. thumb.gif

I'll have to get on top of my game then. I've always tried to be the best at whatever I do.

Thanks, John.

bbone said:
Doesn't bother me. Take a picture hell paint a portrait ...this is what I look like on a Facebook or in real life. (Not on Facebook anymore so really dont have a dog in the fight)

I'm with Ben on this one. But I still have my facebook and always will

Carrying the concept further, say you have a place that you go to often. Say that employees there regularly take your pic and post it. Do you ever get tired of it and stop going there? At some point do you start wondering if they should be paying you to come in and not the other way around? Or do you just get tired of being bothered during your meal constantly and stop coming because of that?

pholmann said:
I think Muddinmetal boasts to hold the number one spot.

The biggest prick got banned :rolf:

I am not sure how I feel about this as a whole. If it was a restaurant I truly loved and supported, HELL YES, post um' up, but if I was just out eating somewhere I hate (like Applebee's) and found out later there was a picture of me up there I wouldn't like it as much

patooyee said:
Carrying the concept further, say you have a place that you go to often. Say that employees there regularly take your pic and post it. Do you ever get tired of it and stop going there? At some point do you start wondering if they should be paying you to come in and not the other way around? Or do you just get tired of being bothered during your meal constantly and stop coming because of that?

Not a clue. Nobody wants a picture of a shaved head tattooed up ugly mofo. This is a mute point for me. If I were one of the beautiful people of the world and had this problem, It would still bother me.

patooyee said:

I think you are overthinking this. Take some pictures. Ask for permission or forgiveness. If they don't like it you should probly abort.

Then don't. I can't say any more. This may legitimately become a lawsuit and I don't want something I say here to be used in court. The poll is what I was after. Thank you.

If it's the Pole that matters. Then why did it get another option and I can only choose one?
I feel it's cool AND I like BBQ. This POLE is worse than watching JD in a three legged potato sack race.