• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How do you stop?

What kind of brake system In your buggy?

• Power

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Manual

Votes: 13 65.0%

• Total voters

skipnrocks

I have a buggy on tons with 42s. I originally was going to run a gmc hydro boost but it's so big. What do you use? Can you get away with straight man power brakes like cnc or wildwood? Space is a feet issue so I can't have something with too much swing

grcthird said:
My toyota buggy has 42" iroks and manual wilwood brakes. Seems to do fine.

Do you know what size master cylinder(s) you're running with what length pedals? Discs front and rear on yota axles I'm assuming...

clemsonjeep said:
Do you know what size master cylinder(s) you're running with what length pedals? Discs front and rear on yota axles I'm assuming...
Yota mini truck axles, stock front brakes, gm rear disc, I'll try to look at the other stuff tonight.

Edit, pedals are 10" and I think it is a 1" bore.

Re: How do you stop?

WOD has a killer hydroboost that comes complete with booster, master cylinder and pedal assembly. It is much smaller than a Chevy truck unit and it works great.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ
2013 Wide Open Design WFO

crawlin85cj said:
WOD has a killer hydroboost that comes complete with booster, master cylinder and pedal assembly. It is much smaller than a Chevy truck unit and it works great.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

Any idea on how it compares in size to the mustang one? I have heard their small but haven't located one yet?

chevy swap on ford D60 (disc on 14 bolt as well)

not sure what parts are used. but here's a pic of it

skipnrocks said:
Any idea on how it compares in size to the mustang one? I have heard their small but haven't located one yet?

I've never seen the Mustang setup.

2010 Jim's Garage 4429
2012 Jim's Garage YJ

I used a hydroboost unit out of a 85 Chevy K30 on my last jeep. Used the stock Jeep pedal with it. You don't need much pedal swing to lock up 39 on asphalt with it when the vehicle is running, needed about 3 inches if the motor shut down and the nitrogen shot was depleted. It used the old cast iron master cylinder/reservoir combo. It fit in less space than the stock jeep master and vacuum booster combo. For my buggy build I purchased a 2005 Chevy 3500 hydro and master combo and it is HUGE. Not sure if I want to run it or look for something smaller.