• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How long does your big foot keep ice?

all this info is spot on about pre-chill and block ice, I have a Yeti 65 I use for camping. We pre-chill with orange frozen juice containers on thurs nite,on friday after work we drop 6 frozen bottles of water in on the food side with all the food for a couple of days (i have the left to right divider) put 18 cold canned drinks on the other side, dump 10lbs of store ice on the drinks and cable it in the bed my pick-up. Been doing this all summer and have not had to add any ice usually dump 4 or five lbs of ice out on sunday night. not to mention having to let my water bottles thaw in order to drink them. I have a roadie on the buggy just b/c i can tie it down and still access my cool beverages without a bunch of hassle and they dont get dumped out on a rollover or hard bounce(and it will hold the buggy up if it gets to be on the bottom side). I have an Orca 26 qt I carry in my jon boat on the river b/c it has more insulation to keep ice better and a bigger surface area on the top than my roadie and works better as a seat due to the larger footprint. I also have an Orca 140 but only have used it once when my freezer went out, I am wanting to fill it with some wild pork.........

We used a friends Yeti on the boat the 4th weekend, NOT impressed at all. My Brother-in-law brought his Igloo that was the same size and it kept ice 2X better. the Yeti is a cool concept, but is no better than a $40 Igloo.

Re: Re: Re: How long does your big foot keep ice?

Dwalk said:
We used a friends Yeti on the boat the 4th weekend, NOT impressed at all. My Brother-in-law brought his Igloo that was the same size and it kept ice 2X better. the Yeti is a cool concept, but is no better than a $40 Igloo.

That's like saying RCVs are no better than stock shafts, because they both work fine for driving across the pasture...

I wasn't impressed with my yeti either, till I started using it correctly

I just feel stupid for paying that much for another cooler That will not keep ice longer than my el-cheapos.

TBItoy said:
That's like saying RCVs are no better than stock shafts, because they both work fine for driving across the pastur

Why would you give $400 for a cooler that took you hours to prep before you used it? Kinda like paying for a whore, but having to take her out to dinner before the blowjob :dunno:

Putting beer in a cooler and packing it with ice isn't the politically correct way to use it I guess? ****ing Liberal Bastards, taking all the fun out of a cooler! :wtflol:

Don't you think if you pre chilled a regular cooler and used block ice it would do much better also. I need to just fab me up a good aluminum cooler with tge 2" insulation

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How long does your big foot keep ice?

Dwalk said:
Why would you give $400 for a cooler that you had hours to prep before you used it? Kinda like paying for a whore, but having to take her out to dinner before the blowjob :dunno:

Putting beer in a cooler and packing it with ice isn't the politically correct way to use it I guess? ****ing Liberal Bastards, taking all the fun out of a cooler! :wtflol:

Lol, molaugh

That's it.

Nah, it's all thermodynamics. A hot yeti takes a lot more ice to absorb all the stored heat energy. But after you get it cold, it stays cold longer.

It's all in intended use. All these high dollar super insulated ice chests aren't "really" intended to throw a bag of ice and beer in, and drink it all in one day...

I don't own a Yeti bc I'm a broke ****er but from what I've seen, the biggest asset they have is their durability. Cheap ones crush when you ratchet strap em down. The built in loops for a ratchet strap are also very nice bc you don't have to instead it every time you need in

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsPowell said:
I don't own a Yeti bc I'm a broke ****er but from what I've seen, the biggest asset they have is their durability. Cheap ones crush when you ratchet strap em down. The built in loops for a ratchet strap are also very nice bc you don't have to instead it every time you need in

\Thats what I love about mine.I was going through an igloo every 6-8 months. We pack so much beer in it you can barely fit a whole bag of ice but it will keep them cold all day. If we are traveling and dont open it every 10 minutes it will hold ice for a few days.

They tough as **** for sure. Almost all my friends have them and they tend to be rough on stuff. I've seen them scratched all to hell but never deformed like an igloo

Dwalk said:

Haters gon do what haters do......lolz I just gots mines to impress all the bitches and whatnot

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

I have owned my yeti since August of last year an had to send it back for a cracked lid about 4 months after I got it.. I have no clue how it got cracked but they tried to give me a hard time over it

I dont know if it is just my experiance but for some reason the ice you buy in florida dont seem to last as long in ours as ice from home my son even said the same thing about his holdong ice longer at the house may just have been where we were buying it

Dwalk said:
Why would you give $400 for a cooler that took you hours to prep before you used it? Kinda like paying for a whore, but having to take her out to dinner before the blowjob :dunno:

Think of it like a good insulated house. Once hot inside it retains the heat and once cool it stays cool longer than a non insulated home. This is why ice doesn't last long if you ride it around in the bed of a truck for days then feel with ice but an igloo will since it's not insulated as good

wont work said:
Think of it like a good insulated house. Once hot inside it retains the heat and once cool it stays cool longer than a non insulated home. This is why ice doesn't last long if you ride it around in the bed of a truck for days then feel with ice but an igloo will since it's not insulated as good

I've tried to tell folks this many times. I just gave up.

Good read on TBItoys idea of freezing casserole dish full of water to start with. I just use a soft pack cooler, self drains from leakage, but usually a bag of ice will keep a case of beer cold for a whole day, and that's really all I need. Plus it was free from work. But I'm def gonna freeze me a big old chunk of ice and try it this weekend! :dblthumb: :drinkers:

Does anyone on here have a pelican cooler?I just got thru looking at one at wal mart a minute ago, pretty sweet coolers.

Re:

As soon as I got home from work I filled up a casserole dish and put a bunch of water bottles in the freezer. Hope that **** freezes fast because we're leaving in 5 hours.

infamous1 said:
Haters gon do what haters do......lolz I just gots mines to impress all the bitches and whatnot

Sent from my Z750C using Tapatalk

Not hating at all, I've pissed away a lot more on a lot less, I don't buy things to impress others, I buy things that impresses me. And a yeti ain't one. But to each their own.

I guess my main reason for wanting one is so when we camp for a weekend, if I put some food on top of the ice I would like to keep it on top of the ice not floating around in water. I guess I took the phrase holds ice for 5 days to serious. I was thinking mostly still frozen not just cold water with some ice. Since I put that rock salt and repacked mine the other night, the waters in the cooler have been frozen solid. That's pretty impressive.