• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How long have you been wheeling

jeeppoor

The wife and I went to a Jeep meet and great and a local bar and grill last Wednesday. I know I know. But it was on a Wednesday and they had everything half price for the people that came in a jeep. And since there is hardly ever any thing going on Wednesday night we decided to go and save one of use from cooking dinner.
We get to bar and look around and it is all JKs. LOL All had some work done to them. Well we drove our stock daily driver which happens to be a JKU (needed room for the grand kids) so we thought that we might fit in.
Well after going in and ordering our food we started to talk to some of the people there for the jeep night. About 30 people. The age range seem from early 20s to maybe 50s. So a big range of people.
But after talking to them it became apparent that these people didn't have a lot of experience wheeling. I thing only 1 or 2 have been wheeling 5 years. And when we told them how long we had been wheeling (30+ years) they started asking all kinds of new be questions. Ha Ha. Made us feel old.
So it got me to thinking. How long have you guys been wheeling?

13-14 years. Long enough to appreciate leaf springs, but enjoy my cool overs.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30 years and I'm only 35 .I grew up in the back of my dads old cj trail riding .first vehicle I ever drove . Had the bug ever since when I built my crawler he was amazed how much had changed in wheeling he had 38 gumbos on scout axles and I had 44's on ton's linked . My kids love it hope We can build them a crawler one day .

I'd say around 27 years for me. Started in the mud with an old CJ-7 and after that hated cleaning and working on dirty stuff and moved to trail riding. My favorite is Moab cause it's great trails and climbs but stuff stays clean! Other than dust that is!

23 years if you count when I started mudding in high school. 18 is we are talking trail riding. Damn that's a long time!

Near 40. Dad had a vw dune buggy that I grew up riding in, uncle had a scout he carried me mudding in. Moved to atvs in my teen and early twenties. Mid twenties got into mudding in my "toy/play" vehicle, sased a s10 blazer and started trail riding/rock crawling. Been doing that ever since and I wont be 40 til later this year. Guess you could say I was born into wheeling.haha

Grew up mudding and riding around in the orange groves in a 2 wheel drive buggy my dad built. We would take that thing through all the nasty mud holes that the 4 wheel drives were playing in. I got my first 4 wheel drive Jeep in 2003 and was introduced to rock crawling. I was immediately hooked and have been wheeling all over the Southeast for the last 14 years.

Re:

Been 13 years since I bought a $400 Samurai, and it's been down hill ever since. My jeep ain't nothing special but 19yr old me would've never dreamed that I would be this deep into it.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I guess I am new to the sport, went riding with my father-in-law 3yrs ago and I was hooked, had to get a rig. I always rode street bikes. I kinda miss it sometimes, but, this is the best hobby I have ever had. Have met some great folks so far as well. I also feel lucky, that my wife loves it as much as I do. :dblthumb:

Probably 22ish years. Got a go cart to raise hell in corn fields when I was 6. Graduated to dirt bikes. Then atvs. Then got a bronco II on 31" buckshot mudders and it's been all down hill from there.

Around 18 years in rigs. 25 or so on dirt bikes and four wheelers. I started building in high school. Bolt-ons came from PJ and Kyle at 4wheel parts in Charlotte. Fabrication work was done by Andy Zuber at Carolina Rock Shop until I learned to do my own. That was 1999-or 2000. I'm 33 now.