• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How long have you been wheeling

37 years,Grew up in a family of loggers and mobile welders. I Was lucky enough own a 1948 flat fender roaming the tracks of land being cut at the fresh age of 7,started racing Pro ATV at 15 and wound up with lot of broken bones one night and ended back in a 4wd and that lead to working on and offroad recovery for many years and I have also worked sales off road world a few times ,aka its more than a Hobby for me.

Bought my first offroader at 14 with my first paycheck. I'm 25 now so I guess that's 11 years.

But I ride shotgun since I'm 1.

20 years here. Started with my 93 YJ and built it to handle what I needed it to and still be a daily when needed. Then I bought my first $400 samurai and we all know where that got me. I've had 4 samurais in my possession over the years...One was free, one was $400, one was a loaner that I was selling for a buddy, and another one was $400 that was too nice for me to keep. Now I'm spoiled and can't believe what people are asking for them.

Started riding atv's 19 years ago. My first rockcrawling experience, I hitched a ride at River Rock 9 or 10 years ago and have been hooked since.

I'm still trying to get started... one day I'll figure it out. molaugh
I've been building my off road rigs 17ish years but I don't feel like I ever get to just go wheeling.

bb452fc100a5d884816060623ed093c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i grew up riding motorcycles as a kid, got into a really bad car wreck when i was 20 and then went to sport 4 wheelers. Then in 2002 some friends and i decided we wanted to learn to snowboard, i had a 2wd s-10 and made the mistake of taking it to Ski Beech in NC. When we left Ga the temps were in the 50's and when we made it to Beech Mt. it was in the 20's with 6 inches of slush on the road...we liked to wrecked getting to the parking lot,.

So after that experience i knew i need a 4wd, that is how i ended up with a Jeep TJ. Growing up my parents were totally against Jeeps (always said it would roll over) so when i got where i could afford a Jeep i bought it....and it has been down hill with nothing but dust in my wallet ever since.

AND i would not take any of it back! we are not far from Tellico and a friend of mine has a cabin in the private land that surrounded the trails,so i started going up their and trail riding, Dixie Run, Jeep Jamboree, and rec stuff, one thing led to another and that is how i got into an Ftoy. Ftoys were popular trail rigs back then so i bought a chassis around 2009 before Tellico was shut down, after that happend i put it up in the barn for a few years and did not do anything with it. So a few year ago i decided to build the chassis and learn some things in the process. Wheeling to me is who i am, and it truly is a Lifestyle! I hope it is something that we can pass on to future generations and not just tell them how it use to be.

15 years Broke and wheeling since 2002

Re: Re: How long have you been wheeling

BUG-E J said:
16 years here. I could retire if I had all that money back
I always tell people if it wasn't for 4 wheeling I could be driving a corvette to a country club on weekends.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Re: Re: How long have you been wheeling

onepieceatatime said:
I always tell people if it wasn't for 4 wheeling I could be driving a corvette to a country club on weekends.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Totally agree! Corvettes will just get you a ticket and then your insurance goes up....at least offroading you can beat the fool out of your rig....hold it to the FLOOR till your heart or you wallet tells you to stop and you don't have to worry about getting pulled over....WIN WIN in my book!

35 years here... Started back with a 73 CJ-5 with 33" TSLs Then moved up to huge ( At the time ) 36" Rough Countys ....... I miss those days

Long enough to know that I'd like to sell my POS and get into something else, like fishing. Oh wait, I live in southern AZ........nevermind.

12 years too long.

Been riding an atv since I was 4. Tried dirt bikes and was not good at it. Always had 4x4s and lifted trucks we played in the mud with. Went to Hot Springs once in College and was hooked. Met a girl and married her and we did the four wheeler thing until we had a kid and I decided to buy a rock crawler. First hill I ever climbed was Viper and my adrenaline was pumping so hard I was shaking. I love it. I love being in the woods be it a mtn bike, four wheeler, rzr or the jeep. I stay busy so I only get a few weekends to go but when I'm there it is my happy place.

Pretty sure I was conceived in a Toyota on a trail sooooo 29 ish years lol. First time driving actually wheeling I was 20 so driving about 8ish years.