• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How long have you been wheeling

19freaking79', HOLY SHEEIT I'M OLD>>>>> 38 damn years. Dirt was just being invented and trees on the Sierra Nevadas were just being planted.

Got my first Jeep when I was 17 but have been out in the woods on some sort of motorized vehicle since I was little.

Always good to hear old timers stories. My Dad has some good ones. I remember the first time he came over and looked at the current crawler I have and says "why is it so low". haha. Times have changed old man :driving:

Grew up on a farm and my dad was a big time coon hunter. He always had an old CJ or square headlight Ford with big tires on it and we would go out scouting for new hunting spots on sunday afternoons. I guess I was 8 when he started hitting the tough stuff with me on board. By the time i was 12 I was walking back to the truck/jeep and bringing them around to the dogs across creeks and through cutovers and logging roads. So i guess all in all I have been wheeling 30+ years. Got a Nissan hardbody and put it on 32s when i was 16, then got a Toyota IFS truck on 36s and then put together a '73 CJ5 on 36s and from there went to a sammi that i built, and now I have an LS tube chassis on tons and stickys.

I never got to wheel much as a child, only when we had to feed and it was muddy or about to flood and we had to get cows out. That generally ended in walking. I bought my first truck when I was 16 (1996), and it hasn't stopped since. Lots of late nights. etc. It's what got me into what I do, fabrication. I always thought I could make it cheaper laughing1 I mean as long as time is free and all.
Started crawling in 03ish when I joined pirate, built my first linked/ton'd rig for trails/rocks/climbing in 04. Before that it was all creek trucks and swampers climbing creek banks and blasting the ponds. 21ish years if you don't count wheeling dad's truck when I had to feed or quads when I was supposed to be spraying thistles. 14 years on the trails you have to travel to find.

31 years, wow feeling old. We were crawling way before I heard the term "crawling". Been hooked since I was 16.

Well I guess I should have added this. We have own a jeep for 30 years. Been wheeling out in the woods almost all my life (55 years). Started with a mina bike. Then a dirt bike. Took a break to serve in the Navy and see half the world. Then it was Chevys, blazers, pickups. They we bought our first CJ for $500 (tried to drive it home but it did not make it LOL). And it has been jeeps every since and I do not see us stopping any time soon.

'99 was the first year trail riding and power lines in something owned by me. Before that it was either dad's jeep or Toyota. And like others, got first dirt bike at 5 and started riding four wheeler couple years later. It's always been a way to get out with friends and family.

If you count atvs at the hunting club and dirt roads with mud holes in a FSJ then probably about 27-28 years, I don't really get to go much anymore but hopefully will in the next year or so. Selling toys to start a business kinda put a stop to it. I got probably 85% of the parts to build another Toyota just not the funds and time for the other 15%. :-\

17 years here started out with go carts and dirtbikes.at the age of 12 started racing go carts on dirt.went back to dirt bikes at 18,and raced motocross,had 2 many wrecks and had to work over racing,go back to trail riding.hit a guy I know head on at crommer.then bought my yota.best thing I ever did.drove it from Ohio to Tellico,windrock,harlan,royal blue,slade,badlands and other places I forgot.and drove it home,most of the time! Lol man need a new group so I can do it over again!

I guess I will show my age, started back in 1980 playing in creek beds and swamps muddin', have owned 4x4's my whole driving years never dodging a mud puddle or ditch, only been playing on rocks and hating mud about 10 of my 37 years of wheeling.

If dirt bike count i guess I've been in the woods around 34 or 35 years. As far as trucks or jeeps go i guess I've wheeled around 28 years. The last 2 years have been all building another cj. Mine have always been bought and i wanted one that was mine. Every nut and bolt tightened by me. But i have took my time and tried to do it right..

I'm 39 and can't remember not having some sort of off road vehicle. My parents had me bumping around in the woods in a truck or jeep since I was born. The first time I got on some rocks was probably 13 years ago.

My old man wheeled when I was a kid and I have wheeled ever since than. So I would guess 30+ years.... Damn I feel old saying that out loud.

stano said:
13-14 years. Long enough to appreciate leaf springs, but enjoy my cool overs.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha. Me too!

But maybe 17 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk