• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How many ran Issabelle this weekend?

Trails for the masses Mark.

Hmmmm I thought that the public land was for everybodys use not just a few with big tires and no concern about body damage. Now I could see your point if they had gone in and "fixed" BYS or such but wasnt this trail a "moderate" trail to begin with?

Hmmmm I thought that the public land was for everybodys use not just a few with big tires and no concern about body damage. Now I could see your point if they had gone in and "fixed" BYS or such but wasnt this trail a "moderate" trail to begin with?

Yes--Isabel has been known as a moderate trail for a long time...

You have a good point Jim, but if you knew more about Reiter you would know that there were trails intentionally made to be challenging, such as Cable, Sac-Up, etc...

Now that the masses have destroyed those trails by creating massive go-arounds and cutting down trees, they are no longer difficult.

So if the masses can make hard trails easier, why can mother nature not make easy trails harder?

You have a good point Jim, but if you knew more about Reiter you would know that there were trails intentionally made to be challenging, such as Cable, Sac-Up, etc...

Now that the masses have destroyed those trails by creating massive go-arounds and cutting down trees, they are no longer difficult.

So if the masses can make hard trails easier, why can mother nature not make easy trails harder?

But like everywhere else there should be trails for both the easy/moderate and the harder trails for those seeking such a challenge. When a trail is considered moderate it should be maintained to keep that standard. Just as a difficult trail should be maintaind to retain its challenges. Think about it this way. The more miles of trail that you keep open for moderate rigs the more they will stay off your harder trails thus keeping everyone happy:cheer:

But like everywhere else there should be trails for both the easy/moderate and the harder trails for those seeking such a challenge. When a trail is considered moderate it should be maintained to keep that standard. Just as a difficult trail should be maintaind to retain its challenges. Think about it this way. The more miles of trail that you keep open for moderate rigs the more they will stay off your harder trails thus keeping everyone happy:cheer:

If only that were true, everyone would be happy. The reality is that the moderate rigs don't want to run the moderate trails, they want to run the difficult trails to prove how badass they are. Then when they can't make it they modify the trail until they can make and then say that they ran the difficult trail. Then the difficult trail has become just another moderate trail and the advanced vehicles have lost another challenge.

Last edited:
If only that were true, everyone would be happy. The reality is that the moderate rigs don't want to run the moderate trails, they want to run the difficult trails to prove how badass they are. Then when they can't make it they modify the trail until they can make and then that they ran the difficult trail. Then the difficult trail has become just another moderate trail and the advanced vehicles have lost another challenge.

100% correct.:beer: :beer:

Also a good point, but that particular spot didn't become (just) hard, it became deadly. If it was just hard, I'd happily winch my ass over it if needed and enjoy the new challenge.

Also a good point, but that particular spot didn't become (just) hard, it became deadly. If it was just hard, I'd happily winch my ass over it if needed and enjoy the new challenge.

Sometimes part of the challange is the bad **** that could happen if you don't make it.

I have a moderate rig and I appreciate the trail being fixed so I have a trail to wheel thats fun for me. I'm not going to make bypasses anywhere; I follow the trail and if I can't make it, I turn around.

I agree there are alot of asshats that drive moderately built rigs who need to stay on the trails they can wheel, but I think most of those guys lose interest in wheelin and park em.

Anyway, thanks to those who fix damaged trails, no matter the level of difficulty. :cool:

Whats your point? Its not like you were thrilled to go run Izzy now that there was a harder spot on it. The only thing you really care about is flapping your gums. Let the people that like that trail keep it open in to mild rigs and driving skills.

On another note, is it ironic that a moderate trail like Izzy has remained mostly unchanged year after year where as your trails get all torn up? :D

On another note, is it ironic that a moderate trail like Izzy has remained mostly unchanged year after year where as your trails get all torn up? :D

When a trail is easy, as Izzy is, there is no need to make go-arounds...but I guess that's too much for you to figure out huh?

I really don't see how you have any voice in this anyway, last I heard you were selling your rig and getting out of wheeling altogether.

Good bye :hi:

Alright Brad knock it off.
I agree with Crusty, this was dangerous and the biggest concerns are less experienced wheelers that tend to use Izzy. That spot was not hard before the storms why is it so important to leave it like that (dangerous)? That's all we need is some newbie rolling 3-4 times and having a fatality up there.

Alright Brad knock it off.
I agree with Crusty, this was dangerous and the biggest concerns are less experienced wheelers that tend to use Izzy. That spot was not hard before the storms why is it so important to leave it like that (dangerous)? That's all we need is some newbie rolling 3-4 times and having a fatality up there.

FYI, someone already died on Izzy years back at the switchback where the short rock climb is. Nothing bad came from that.

This sport is as dangerous as the driver chooses to make it.

When a trail is easy, as Izzy is, there is no need to make go-arounds...but I guess that's too much for you to figure out huh?

I really don't see how you have any voice in this anyway, last I heard you were selling your rig and getting out of wheeling altogether.

Good bye :hi:

It wasn't a go around, it was a matter of making the main gravel ROAD up to the other difficult spots accessible.

Latest posts