• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How Much Would You Pay?

ForMud

No it's not about Tony and his handys ::)......... But, how much would you be willing to pay for a weekend of wheeling?

With what looks like another place might being sold down your way, I got a feeling prices might have to go up in the places left to keep them open.
Right now the places around me... Raucsh Creek just upped their price to $50 a day and I believe a $45 a year membership. BigDogs will run you $120 per weekend for their advents.
I don't mind if it helps keep them open...... Hell I send that in fuel to get there and back....It cost me half that to fill my propane tanks.....Not to mention broken parts.

So $100 for a weekend seems fair to me.........Especially looking at the alternative.

27 cents a day for Windrock is right in my budget. :) 'Course those 2 extra pennies were tough to come by, but are worth it!

If I had to start paying 50$ a day for a place to ride.....I would just ride less, and probably be able to retire sooner! LOL

I think GMP was 25$ last time I rode there and all I had was a 20 and a 10. He had not change so I just told him to add that 5 to my Karma fund!. (White privilege)

Are we taking Park Fees per day or total cost?

I feel like up to $50/weekend is a no-brainer. Over that it will make me think.

$50 a day!!?? It was like $35 when we were there I think and they have stupid ass hours. Have to be off the trails by 5pm and all that **** that's a little dumb. RBD was $60 for the weekend, I had $120 in fuel for the jeep and the truck, food was probably $50-$70 some where in there and I was kinda bitchy about the price of that trip. But that was 3 days wheeling, night wheeling to, and camping. So $250-350 for a long weekend maybe.

jeeptj99 said:
$50 a day!!?? It was like $35 when we were there I think and they have stupid ass hours. Have to be off the trails by 5pm and all that **** that's a little dumb. RBD was $60 for the weekend, I had $120 in fuel for the jeep and the truck, food was probably $50-$70 some where in there and I was kinda bitchy about the price of that trip. But that was 3 days wheeling, night wheeling to, and camping. So $250-350 for a long weekend maybe.

It was $45 for a while now. It sucks when those two places are the closest to me ( 4 hours each way ) You guys down there are lucky with so many different places to go to.

I was just looking, Golden Mountain is a good 12 hour tow for me.

Im a cheap skate. I know I spend several hundred to ride Disney a few years ago for 2-3 days riding but thats a rare thing. If I had to spend that everytime I went riding I would be finding something else to do. Most of the time I spend $15-25 a day to ride(park fee) and depending on where I go depends on trip cost. My eats usually consist viennas and crackers or maybe a hot pocket on the engine, depending on weather. I figure fuel eats and entrance fees prolly gets me about $100-$150 per day trip. It all depends on who is with me and where im going if its more or less. The oldest kid is getting big enough to drive so about to cost me more using 2 rigs and his fees.

If its a one day trip, $50 max on a good park...Two or more days with camping/Hotel, fuel, food, maybe some parts if need be, I'd say $200 a day total is fair.

The state run stuff up here is $38 for 3 years. Ride as much as you want.

We don't have as many parks but what's there is very good and well maintained.

I spend $35 or whatever it is to ride Harlan for one weekend a year. We have a local park that is $25/day and ten miles from my house. I haven't been there in two years.

Honestly, it's not about the money to me. It's more about what the park has to offer. The longer I do this stuff the more I enjoy the trail riding and comradery of being out there with friends away from it all. If I enjoy doing it, I think $30-50 a day or $70-100 a weekend (Thurs-Sun) would be a price I wouldn't hesitate to ride at. RRORV used to cost us about $75 a weekend when we rented it and I didn't think that was bad.

I usually spend $200 before I ever leave the house. (Beer, food, prepping the Buggy)
Then camping and park fees
Then factor in whatever you break/wear out during the trip

People have $50-$100k rigs and then complain about paying the price to wheel! (Not saying you guys are complaining)

I never count beer or food as a wheeling expense. I'd be drinking beer and eating food if I stayed at home so that money will be spent whether I'm in the woods or on the couch.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I would say $50 for the wife and I to ride for one day is about my max, with that said, if It were more, I would just go less often I guess

Damn....Windrock prices lookin' pretty good compared to this stuff.

However I guess it adds up if you have a Brady Bunch family and gotta pay PER PERSON instead of PER RIG. I think that's a big gripe with a few of the Windrock haters. Is what it is though.....don't have a 47 kids and you'll be fine! :)

ForMud said:
It was $45 for a while now. It sucks when those two places are the closest to me ( 4 hours each way ) You guys down there are lucky with so many different places to go to.

I was just looking, Golden Mountain is a good 12 hour tow for me.

From my buddy's drive way to the place we stayed in Hamburg was like 12.5 hours for us. Then we would go to RC every morning it was another 30-45 I honestly don't remember. 12 hours to wheel is a bit much to do often. I wouldn't mind another trip up there though. We were talking about going back last night but I think the PA people are coming south this trip. If we head bafk up there I'll holler at ya.

TBItoy said:
Why did you have to spend money to ride Disney ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
500+miles from home. Gas was not cheap, 3-4days eats, hotel, etc. I take coolers of food but eating bologna sandwiches 3 times a day aint cutting it.

5BrothersFabrication said:
Probably fuel, it's like a geographical oddity, 2 weeks from everywhere.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. It was about 9-10hr drive one way. Fuel was in the upper $2 to near $4 at some stations.

Still would like to go back since ive had more seat time and kinda know what to expect.

Not everyone HAS a $50k rig... some folks do their best in a $900 beater so $100+ could be a heck of a hit for them....

I'm all for 'per person' pricing tho w reduced rate for non drivers.... I go by myself and can't see having to pay the same as the loud group with wife, neighbor couple, and 15 screaming kids bouncing their bicycles into my truck all day LOL