• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how to shave weight on rocks????

that is the type info im looking for, cash I dont have, I can make time as long as im in no big hurry. I will not be able to go the super 8 route. but between little things like flkrawler and J.J.s improvments I think it can be done.

are you worried about denting the 1//4 wall on the tubes??? I have been thinking of doubled 3/16 wall with the upper 3/8 or so staying 3/16 with a 4.25 od

ive got a couple more projects to get done before i can start on mine, will probly be september or so. but i am getin excited

I plan to line the bottom, as well as the truss that will be on the front of the axle with .5" thick UHMW. My last buggy had .250" plate for the mohawk, and I never had an issue with denting it. We will see. Like I said, if it works, awesome, if not, well I can always redo it with something a little beefier.

WMS years ago took a set of 2.5 tons with pinion brakes and cleaned off of all brackets and they weighed about 400 #'s more than a d60 and corp 14.

fl-krawler, you going to run open knuckles on your rocks? they are fairly new to me, and i was wondering if it can be done? is there a thread on here or anything more you can tell me about it? thanks

conwaymuddy said:
fl-krawler, you going to run open knuckles on your rocks? they are fairly new to me, and i was wondering if it can be done? is there a thread on here or anything more you can tell me about it? thanks

No, I am going to run them in a stock configuration, with a boot

this is my rear d80
center line of axle to bottom of the chunk is 6"
DSC_0137.jpg

Rumor is RCV is working on a 40 spline shaft with a bigger CV for the rockwells. Make be easier to make work with the D80 center than 2" Ouverson stuff. No idea on ETA though.

Does anyone know of anybody running the curren rcvs in rockwells at this time. I'm intrested in getting a set but will holdout if there just not going to hold up im going through stock ones like crazy rcvs just seems like a fast upgrade.

gomer pyle said:
don't know yet. :dunno:

Ouverson will make you a custom 47-spline spool to run his 2" shafts in if you so desire. You probably know this already though.

J. J.