• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

how to shave weight on rocks????

Elliott said:
I've been waiting for a fire breathing supercharged motor to end up in a bouncer, that's when the bar will be raised and the 2" shafts start getting broke.
this is what I'm tryn to decide lsx 427or 454 throw supercharger on later or supercharge my current setup :dunno: And also this is the biggest thread derail ever

NTIDWELL said:
this is what I'm tryn to decide lsx 427or 454 throw supercharger on later or supercharge my current setup :dunno: And also this is the biggest thread derail ever
Hell Nathan ,you except us to stay on topic for three years and six pages?

I hope I'm OK this is my first buggy, had jimmy build my chassis 5-550hp 383/400/205 on rocks with 43 sxs. I'm a little taller than I wanted to be jimmy built my chassis for f106 rear and 103 front but decided to stay with role tried and true rocks. I gonna have about 23" belly..tops little higher cause I'm 6.5".
Be glad when its done

Got my new hubs in today...
bu6y4uzy.jpg

zu3ypabe.jpg

me3edeba.jpg

I talked to some of the Mega Truck guys at the Expo about those aluminum hubs. They all said they haven't broke any yet. White Trash is getting them ASAP. I had them machine mine with the mounting surface offset to narrow the total track width by 3" to help fit in my trailer. I couldn't find anyone making an offset hub for Rockwells.

patooyee said:
Those aren't Ouverson's. They're some other company based out of FL, its a big mud truck fab shop. I forget the name. They're on Facebook. They're a bit cheaper than Ouveron's.
Well crap, thats what happens when you glance at something online when you should be working. I was looking at oversons last week and assumed thats what those were.

Rockwells607 said:
Jerod, if you flip your hubs narrow yours should fit fine , my trailer is 95" and my buggy sits at 93" wide now and
Fits well

You loose 10" when you do that. If he's in the same boat as me he doesn't want to loose that much.

Understood but I love my custom wheels and would rather be as wide as I am than 10" narrower. I would like to loose 2-3" TOTAL and there wouldn't be a way to do that with a stock hub. Just hypothesizing that others might be in the same boat is all.

patooyee said:
You loose 10" when you do that. If he's in the same boat as me he doesn't want to loose that much.
This. I'm 94" now and didn't want to be too narrow. Since I planned on the aluminum hubs anyway I figured it was worth asking if he could machine them offset. 3" narrower is perfect.
Also Rockwell607 there is a group of M&M buggies and Jeeps from Boston coming down to wheel Sunday. Feel free to join us.