• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How wide are you

If they need a tire maximum size, I would say whatever the largest street legal D.O.T. approved tire is.

A stock dually Dana 60 front with H1 wheels and whatever tires will be around 90" wide which fits pretty much everywhere at Reiter now. Kelly is wider but has four wheel steering so he still fits.

Tire wise, if the Department Of Transportation approves a tire size for on road, it seems logical to allow the tires off road also.

Another thing.......if the DNR is worried about accidents and liability wouldn't they want wider and more stable vehicles on the trails systems? A vehicle with "full width" axles is alot more stable and safe then a narrow, tipsy vehicle like a Samurai or flatfender jeep.

Lets hear discussion on this.

:corn:

If they need a tire maximum size, I would say whatever the largest street legal D.O.T. approved tire is.

Ya we went down that road. I said that OK to street legal D.O.T tires. BUT all tire need to be street legal. On all ORV vehicles on DNR land. All 4x4s, All quads and all bikes. There answer to that was that the bikes aren

Another thing.......if the DNR is worried about accidents and liability wouldn't they want wider and more stable vehicles on the trails systems? A vehicle with "full width" axles is alot more stable and safe then a narrow, tipsy vehicle like a Samurai or flatfender jeep.

Lets hear discussion on this.

:corn:

:haha::haha::haha::haha:

Come on Jim, lets hear some discussion on the stability of vehicles in relation to width. Which is safer? Wide or narrow?

I see ruts and holes caused by idiots driving vehicles with open differentials and all terrain tires. People with lockers in both axles and "large tires" do less damage to the trail from what I see.

Come on Jim, lets hear some discussion on the stability of vehicles in relation to width. Which is safer? Wide or narrow?

Its more a issue on center of gravity. A jeep on 33-35s is far less likly to roll then a toyota on 44s Most of the rolls or flops you see are from bigger tired rigs trying to fit through a spot too narrow for them so they go up a tree or bank to get by. Please also remember my earlier post about making the new trails wider for todays more "evolved" rigs. Our biggest problem is that we dont see things the way the agencys do. They study the hell out of enviromental science but spend little or know time teaching and learning about motorized recreation.

Furnace guys coming so I gotta go I will be back later with my flame suit on :haha:

I see ruts and holes caused by idiots driving vehicles with open differentials and all terrain tires. People with lockers in both axles and "large tires" do less damage to the trail from what I see.

Your kidding right. You think a idiot with a little tire does more damage that a idiot with a large tire :eeek: Again its the driver not the tire but huge holes speak for themselves.

Your kidding right. You think a idiot with a little tire does more damage that a idiot with a large tire :eeek: Again its the driver not the tire but huge holes speak for themselves.

Im talking smart driver with open diffs & short tires vs. smart driver with lockers and tall tires, who would spin tires the most? Maybe we should take some DNR management decision makers for a little trail run and let them see for themselves.

Ya we went down that road. I said that OK to street legal D.O.T tires. BUT all tire need to be street legal. On all ORV vehicles on DNR land. All 4x4s, All quads and all bikes. There answer to that was that the bikes aren

Its more a issue on center of gravity. A jeep on 33-35s is far less likly to roll then a toyota on 44s Most of the rolls or flops you see are from bigger tired rigs trying to fit through a spot too narrow for them so they go up a tree or bank to get by. Please also remember my earlier post about making the new trails wider for todays more "evolved" rigs. Our biggest problem is that we dont see things the way the agencys do. They study the hell out of enviromental science but spend little or know time teaching and learning about motorized recreation.

I'm your huckelberry on that one. My money is on my truck being far more stable than any Jeep type vehicle on 33-35's guarandamnteed. :cheer: I can fit on 90% of the trails in Rimrock and lil Naches as is with no major drama or side hilling, it's all about a narrow body and maneuvering it correctly.

Jim your such a flip flopper.

You claim its the big tires guys (which you hate), then when its pointed out that your statement is the most ignorant view to have you quickly change your point to "IDIOTS with big tires"

ITS NOT THE TIRES JIM. ITS REALLY NOT.:rolleyes:

Again, why does you opinion even matter? You DONT even wheel?:scratchhead:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn77wwedvwo&feature=player_embedded[/YT]

Heres you sign Jim.:looser: hes one of your little tire guys that cause damage and then do whatever they want.

Us "big tire" guys dont do that, its against the rules.:kissmyass: