• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

How wide are you

I found out that the list is not public info. Next month the public can send in comments about the committees plan and the DNR will review the comments and maybe make changes.

There is also supposed to be a public meeting regarding this issue also corey, not to be confused with the one thursday.

I found out that the list is not public info. Next month the public can send in comments about the committees plan and the DNR will review the comments and maybe make changes.

So we don't know the backgroud and outlook of the members.

Fun!! Not!!

So we don't know the backgroud and outlook of the members.

Fun!! Not!!

It was people from surrounding communities and "representatives" of people who recreate in the area. The planning committee is done working and now everything is in the hands of other DNR people. The DNR wants all the user groups to be happpy, so hopefully they will make it happen.

It was people from surrounding communities and "representatives" of people who recreate in the area. The planning committee is done working and now everything is in the hands of other DNR people. The DNR wants all the user groups to be happpy, so hopefully they will make it happen.

For the record the members changed throughout the process. Couple left.

I agree.

Mile-to-mile, 2x2's need 4 times the amount of trail a 4x4 does.

We're still dreaming up idea's here though. So be open-minded......every last one.:;

Using that logic we (4x4s) need 4 times the amount of trail that the hikers have :awesomework:

While I agree that (2x1) need alot more trails then we (4x4) need because of the amount of ground they travel. I think that they may have missed something or maybe I have.

Is this talk of one new trail or are we completely making all new trails in reiter. if not the old single track trails will still be there. There is no more need to discuss how many more or less trails that 2x1's need. If we all are getting one new trail or two new trails shouldnt that be enough if the old ones stay open? We all need to be very open minded. Maybe motorcyclist would like to present a proactive idea such as the rest of the guys on this board.

I think that they may have missed something or maybe I have.

You have.

Most all trails at Reiter (bike, quad, 4x4) are in the "wrong place". They travel through watershed drainoff's. They travel through seasonal creeks. They create HUGE sediment issues. And because of the direction of travel (they might have) seasonal stroms with heaxy water flow and runoff, create havoc "down-stream" to other trails and roads.

One example: A main road was created, a bike trail was made off that road, then a 4x4 trail was put into place (raped) into the first section of the bike trail (most trails at Reiter are like this). Water flows unrestricted from the bike trail, onto the 4x4 trail and onto the road. This is not what nature intended.

How would this be fixed? You'll have to ask that question to an expert. I am not one. Maybe this "trail designer" I've heard about could answer this question.

I'm just regurgitating information I have heard from various sources.

I give myself an A++:D

The trail designer they are bringin in suposivly has worked with the DNR before and is supposed to be very good at it.

But mark pretty much summed it up.

......and a trail designer is inherently on our side......the ORV community.

inherently - involved in the constitution or essential character of something; belonging by nature or habit.:D

......and a trail designer is inherently on our side......the ORV community.

inherently - involved in the constitution or essential character of something; belonging by nature or habit.:D

:eeek:money, ur comin out with all sort of smart responses on these subjects:haha:

Mark has put alot of thought into his actions--I like it....

i agree 100% he has used some good analogy's an metafors, sturred up some good conversation, i was just amazed cause it looked like to me, he came from WAY out of right field into this...

I'm not (book) smart.....but I know and pay attention to, folks who are.

To act as if.
being observant is deffinetly a great skill to have. You money mark, have became a master webwheeler:awesomework:

I think the best solution is figuring out where each user group can build and maintain trails while meating the above criteria for land use. Mile-for-mile isn't a good way to determin if one group is getting favored. If there are more spots that bikes can build and maintain trails without impacting revenue, ecology, etc, so be it.

I agree with that but then again we have the SEPA possess. I know there is going to be room for expansion in the future but if we try to get it all at once, I think it will take forever if we get it at all. I think if everyone can hold their breath and work with a basic trail plan that is good for all in the beginning and expand off of that. There is a lot of room for bike and quad trails in the future.

So as I ponder this whole thing as far as how many miles does a group get I had to ponder that there has to be a fare way to resolve this for the future and to stop the fighting, So that everyone can figure what it is
So I worked off the square foot thought
How many square feet in a mile of 4x4 trail, And then broke it down after that to quads, to bikes, to hiking
As far as impact it nature it doesn

Last edited:
So as I ponder this whole thing as far as how many miles does a group get I had to ponder that there has to be a fare way to resolve this for the future and to stop the fighting, So that everyone can figure what it is
So I worked off the square foot thought
How many square feet in a mile of 4x4 trail, And then broke it down after that to quads, to bikes, to hiking
As far as impact it nature it doesn