• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hummer Rims on Dana 60 / 14 bolt / 44 etc.

Boxxerace

What gets in the way when running stock hummer rims (not recentered) when bolted onto a 44, 60 front or 14 bolt rear? I hear the rims have major issues with the brakes.

What are the solutions? Is it close enough to shave your calipers, a wheel spacer of some kind or do you have to recenter? I'd like to get a bit narrower without having to invest in cutting the axles down yet.

Ideas guys?

well on the rear it only needs like 1.5" spacer to work with drums...not sure about rear disk clearance...on the front youll run the rim in to the steering arm....then on both ends the hubs will stick out waaay past the wheel and tire

I'm currently running this set up. I converted the 14 bolt the disks and the rims just bolt right up. On my front 60 (SRW) I had to run a 2" spacer to keep from hitting the steering arms.

D44: bolts right on. You'll need custom high-steer arms however. But there are a few outfits that offer them.
D60F: 2" spacers atleast to keep out of the steering arms. Or Dually outers (4" spacers)
14B rear: Don't know, sounds like others have it covered.
________
PENNY STOCKS TO WATCH

Last edited:
I'm currently running this set up. I converted the 14 bolt the disks and the rims just bolt right up. On my front 60 (SRW) I had to run a 2" spacer to keep from hitting the steering arms.

I suppose I could make a killing on the SRW hubs in exchange for some dually hubs on my 60, but that seems so backwards. :) What kind of spacers did you end up with? Any issues with this setup strengthwise?

As far as steering arms, I am going hydro. I wonder if I should just suck up slapping the ram into the rocks and run the steering arms over to the lower tie rod mounts.... hrm.

With your 14 bolt width vrs. the shimmed 60 (which is wider before shimming) does the track width vary a ton?

On what D44? I tried to put a stock hummer rim on a '77 chevy D44 and the rim hit the knuckle.
I could be mistaken, its second-hand knowledge. There have been a few guys on the BB running H1's on a "stock" Chevy D44 and no mentions of running any sort of spacer.

Maybe I'll just have to try it myself.
________
WEED

Last edited:
you can, but you have to cut the stock steering arm off and run the previously mentioned special highsteer arm. Not quite bolt right on, but close.

I suppose I could make a killing on the SRW hubs in exchange for some dually hubs on my 60, but that seems so backwards. :) What kind of spacers did you end up with? Any issues with this setup strengthwise?

As far as steering arms, I am going hydro. I wonder if I should just suck up slapping the ram into the rocks and run the steering arms over to the lower tie rod mounts.... hrm.

With your 14 bolt width vrs. the shimmed 60 (which is wider before shimming) does the track width vary a ton?

I just bought some generic spacers off of e-bay. Yes my front and rear have some width differences but I haven't really noticed any drawback so far. The front 60 with 2" spacers and TSL/SX 12.5 tires came out to 82" outside to outside of the tires. And the 14 bolt sits at 76" with no spacers.