• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hummer rims stock / Dana 60

Boxxerace

I realize there are some issues regarding offset in terms of the steering center of the rim and some other dynamics. Aside from those, do Hummer rims (military) fit on a Dana 60 front axle? I imagine if running leaf springs, your tires would bump up against the frame / springs.

What are your experiences?

This is a stock dually D60 w/ stock H1 wheels... fits perfect

S2010085.jpg

S2010069.jpg

the rear is a stock DRW D70, and everything fits cool back there too...

Not sure if you can make them work on a SRW D60 or not?

I run stock 7" back-spaced hummer rims on a ford dana 60 that I had narrowed to 67" wms to wms, the I added dully hub spacers to bring the width back out and I have full lock to lock steering with 39.5 irocks.....

D60knucklewtire.jpg
[/IMG]

Highsteer.jpg
[/IMG]

duallyhubon60.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks for the comments guys. In my case, I would like to not modify the axles width wise ($$$) but perhaps get a little narrower than what my current (12") rims sit at, heh heh heh.

Strange to go and swap out a SRW 60 hub to a dually. Not sure if the width of the H1 rims will even work with my tires.

Boxxerace said:
Thanks for the comments guys. In my case, I would like to not modify the axles width wise ($$$) but perhaps get a little narrower than what my current (12") rims sit at, heh heh heh.

Strange to go and swap out a SRW 60 hub to a dually. Not sure if the width of the H1 rims will even work with my tires.

Just keep yer rims ya got now:flipoff: It will look awesome:flipoff::flipoff:

War-Jeeper said:
Just keep yer rims ya got now:flipoff: It will look awesome:flipoff::flipoff:

As if my poor butt did not have a choice! Double beadlocks are #1 priority once we have things built!

Boxxerace said:
As if my poor butt did not have a choice! Double beadlocks are #1 priority once we have things built!

hahaha good point, yea once things are built which could be a little while. Have you located a K5 frame yet?

War-Jeeper said:
hahaha good point, yea once things are built which could be a little while. Have you located a K5 frame yet?

If your looking for a K5 frame, I can get you a complete K5 frame and rust free tub for probalby $150 bucks, in Eburg... come and get it. Let me know if your interested.

Thanks Pooh, Ellensburg is just far enough to cost a fair chunk of gas in the truck I would use to move a frame.

Thanks for the heads up though!

Metalbender said:
I run stock 7" back-spaced hummer rims on a ford dana 60 that I had narrowed to 67" wms to wms, the I added dully hub spacers to bring the width back out and I have full lock to lock steering with 39.5 irocks.....

D60knucklewtire.jpg
[/IMG]

Highsteer.jpg
[/IMG]

duallyhubon60.jpg
[/IMG]

Holy wheel scrub :wtf:

Metalbender said:
Holly wheel scrub I get full lock to lock, I use all but .25 inch of an 8" ram..

Do some research and when you figure out what wheel scrub is chime back in.. until then :flipoff:

Yea, I thought you were talking about scrubbing on the springs, but yes I have a sh**t load of scrub, I am courious to see how the king pins will hold up, so far after a year so good...

Metalbender said:
Yea, I thought you were talking about scrubbing on the springs, but yes I have a sh**t load of scrub, I am courious to see how the king pins will hold up, so far after a year so good...

No, not spring rub..... Wheel scrub radius

It does look like the rims are sitting out about 2" wider than normal (guess).

With how inexpensive modified hummer rims are, I think I will go that route and avoid a headache. Rims holding up ok?

Quick discription:
scrub radius,increases the amount the tire moves forward and backward in a turn vs turning at the contact patch.

Now you can investigate from there

I thought scrub radius is a factor of wheel mounting surface in relation to balljoint/ king pin. further you get the wheel from king pin the harder it is to turn, and puts more stress on the king pin........

Metalbender said:
I thought scrub radius is a factor of wheel mounting surface in relation to balljoint/ king pin. further you get the wheel from king pin the harder it is to turn, and puts more stress on the king pin........

There you go....also can make you slide off slippery surfaces when stopped and you turn the wheel..because the tire is not only turning but moving forward and back with lots of positive scrub. (further from king pin)