• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hunting season

Not sure where that area is. This is going to be the first time we have hunted that area. We normally hunt over around Republic or Curlew.

I found it, an it looks to be in the sweetgrass butte area. Good hunting around there, quite a few hunters, like anywhere else though. But, the farther you get off the road, the less hunters you see, just like anywhere else.:haha:

so far i hunted all the early elk muzzy...and never seen them....like gost they stopped buggling opning morn.tell the last night i finly get em calling back...several cows and somthing in between me and them ....finly after i grab a stick and start trashing a alder...he does it back...but no bugle from him..i cherp through my bugle sounds good he comes troting on in ...stops bout 20 yards .its prety dark now...he was in the timber thrashing still no bugles...then i hear 2 more start going at it but he will not come out...if he would have stept out on the road ...id have shot him at 5 or 10 yards....he winded me and slowly turned and walked....i ran out of my scent spray the morning of....i was close...he is a 7 point im sure he was the mac daddy...he didnt bugle even when the others did....he is smart and still out there....going to loomis next week for deer.last year i got a spike elk and a 4x5 muly....year before i got my 6 point bull....30 yards.....cant wait for late elk.....................boom

Last edited:
My buddy Cole lives and works out in Winnett and last week we scored. Enjoy the email he sent me and the pics. I am headed out this weekend for rifle.

Cole's notes of the hunt:

Saturday morning- saw the buck feeding out in the field with 3 other bucks, watched him for over 1 hr in my spotting scope, got some pictures through the vortex, which are attached. I knew from the first second I saw him he was a true giant but never had him pinned at what he actually scored! I watched him bed down, went in for the sneak through the standing flax, Got within 43 yards but when he stood up he walked straight away and I had no shot with the bow.

Saturday night, went back to the field just to make sure he was still around and he was right where I saw him last. Left him for the night.

Sunday - Went out with Mike Gebhard and he was in the same field and the night previous, waited over an hour for him to bed once he did, we tried the stalk again, well we did get in closer, got within 32 yards waited a bit and he stood up and did it to me again, walked straight away! NO SHOT!!! My heart sank for a second time in 2 days! What an amazing buck to watch at 32 yards!

Monday - I had to be responsible for a couple days and go harvest so I did a drive through the area on the way to the farm and he was again in the same field! There was no wind so it wasn't as hard leaving him there to go harvest.

Tuesday - WINDY and I was harvesting!!!

Wednesday - planned on going to office in AM then harvesting in PM but I had to try and find him if I could, I was more then a little consumed by this buck! Well he was in the same field again, he was the most predictable buck I have ever seen, which I was good with. I again spent some quality time with my vortex spotting scope. This time I made sure I knew which way he bedded down so I would be broadside when he stood up. I left my truck at 8:15am and went for the stalk. Half way in the smaller buck with him stood up and ate for a bit so I laid down and let him bed up again. Well this time I got to 28.5 yards and he had no clue I was there, wind in my face, laying broadside to me, now just the patience game, he put me to the test, I was there for over 2.5 hrs kneeling in mud waiting for him to stand. The smaller buck got up again and milled around for probably 20 minutes then the moment of truth, he finally stood up! I was ready and drew and put an arrow in him! He didn't go 130 yards and 5 minutes later he was dead, I didn't get back to the truck till 12:45am Thursday so it

Attachments

• 2010 pics 054.jpg
    2010 pics 054.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 294
  • 2010 pics 024.jpg
    2010 pics 024.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 294
more...

Attachments

• 2010 mule deer archery 005.jpg
    2010 mule deer archery 005.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 294
  • 2010 mule deer archery 010.jpg
    2010 mule deer archery 010.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 298
  • 2010 mule deer archery 060.jpg
    2010 mule deer archery 060.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 298
That's a lifetime buck, I have one muley that grossed 210 and been trying to beat it for last 20 years :beer:

Wow! Nice bucks fellas! Any body gonna be hunting in Naches this weekend? We'll be wheeling!

Hey frakybeans...nice Chile flag...hehehe...

Last edited:
Im leaving for goat peak/mazama deer huntin thursday after work...come home tuesday then leave the leave the following friday for 2 weeks in naches, Big bull permit opens the 25th! :D

More pics for you guys that are still trying to figure out how to cook tag soup. :fawkdancesmiley:

Family friends up in Alberta have a game cam that got some action a few days ago. Nice evening buck.

Attachments

• PICT0187.jpg
    PICT0187.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 282
  • PICT0320.jpg
    PICT0320.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 279
Well we got back late Sunday night, only score was my cousins friend Jake. He got this nice buck. We where down in the Patterson area on private land.

The bear is my buddies that he got up in the Oso area.

Seems like everyone but me is getting there kill on. I am still trying, I have a shotgun loaded with 00 in my car now, if anything jumps in front of me its going down.

Attachments

• IMG00187-20101017-0800.jpg
    IMG00187-20101017-0800.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_20101006_133519.jpg
    IMG_20101006_133519.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 265
I seen 75 deer the first day. No shooters.:booo:
Only seen about 10 the second day, again, no shooters.

I'm tired of boomstick season, I'm switchin to stick and string next year.:awesomework: