• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydraulic Steering build

Wickedyota97

Curious who has made their own full hydraulic set up. What works? what doesnt? I think there's a better/cheaper way to go rather than buy a psc kit for $1500 +
:woody: :woody:

Used orbital if you can find one, or a new young-power tech

Surplus center.com ram

Discount hydraulic hose.com field service hose and fittings

Cooler from summit racing

There's something to be said for a kit with all matched components that you know will work well out of the box with no "figuring it out".

That said, I'll be doing something like what Nick said when I go full hydro.

Re:

I got a grizzly ram for 60 bucks at agri supply got a trail gear pump and resivor and cooler and went to Aliance Hose and got all the hoses made

Running stock chevy pump with grizzly ram with a hydraulic surplus orbital... No cooler(broke it in rollover in Harlan) on rockwells front and rear
Kits are over rated

Got a trail gear double ended ram kit on yota axle. No problems. I didn't know enough about all the different parts coming togetherit and didn't want to have to go thru trial and error

I have 2 Toyota buggies ! both have stock Toyota pumps . 9 ci orbital, 6X1 1/2 ram. Had lines made at local shop.. alum. tank. It never gets over 150 deg's.. My first buggy has run this way 7 years no issues. makes some noise but always has. I run Hydraulic fluid.

thanks for the info. Also, whats good to run coolant lines with? The radiator is about 8-9' from the water pump. Rear mount obviously..

Glad this came up...Im about to put together my full hydro setup. I've collected pretty much everything but the double ended cylinder and clevises. I don't see much in the way of low budget options for Double ended cylinders & mounting. I see a lot of bouncers run full hydro with a single ended ram. Anybody that's done this want to comment on the performance? I've heard its not as good at speed, but would like to hear more real experience. There's a big difference in the cost of the $55 grizzly ram and a $200 double ended plus all the mounts, clevis, etc.
I dont want to hijack if this thread is intended for hydro assist only....

Re:

I have a grizzly ram it works fine I'm sure a double ended ram is better but I have no complaints