• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydraulic Steering??

KyTrash

I have got to where,I need to make the hoses for my hydraulic steering on my buggy. So, What are you all using? Would like to get something that, I can make them myself. :fish:

Hoses that PSC sell are nice. You can assemble with wrenches, service in the field and repair in the field. I will never use anything else again.

I prefer PSC, Howe is good also. I suggest getting everything from one vendor and get their help to spec your system.

I agree with KYtrash on gettin the repairable hoses, I pushed a stick up into my front pressure hose into the power steering pump pulley wearing a hole through it last feb. in the middle of a snow storm 10 degrees out, could not fix it and drove out with rear steer a mile...was a real pain in the ass...if it was the reparable kind i could have just cut it shorter and took off wheelin the rest of the day!

I have a stock Gm pump,orbital valve off a forklift and a double ended cylinder from Surplus Center. I didn't want to use crimped hydraulic hoses. I guess that you could call my steering, A BACKYARD SETUP. ;D

Any Hydraulic shop will have the reusable fittings and hoses. most parts houses make hose around here and they have them also.

I need some help, My orbital valve is a Charlynn 2411093-002. Can anybody tell me what the cu.in is. I was looking at some others and my valve looks really small.

KyTrash said:
I need some help, My orbital valve is a Charlynn 2411093-002. Can anybody tell me what the cu.in is. I was looking at some others and my valve looks really small.
Hollar at me Joe I got a real good hookup on hose and fittings I can help ya out.