• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro assist T/R mount

Grommit327

What are you using to mount your ram to the T/R. Just welding tabs directly to it or using some kind of a clamp. I've seen a few sweet clamps before but mostly they were one offs. Since I went to a 1.25 T/R my old booty fabbed clamp doesn't fit anymore and I need to get my steering up to par for some spring runs. I would like to lean towards a clamp setup since I am now welderless but I am sure I can find somebody to just weld some tabs on there for me (or let me borrow the welder for a minute :D )

Grommit327 said:
What are you using to mount your ram to the T/R. Just welding tabs directly to it or using some kind of a clamp. I've seen a few sweet clamps before but mostly they were one offs. Since I went to a 1.25 T/R my old booty fabbed clamp doesn't fit anymore and I need to get my steering up to par for some spring runs. I would like to lean towards a clamp setup since I am now welderless but I am sure I can find somebody to just weld some tabs on there for me (or let me borrow the welder for a minute :D )

Bought the Trail-Gear kit out of convenience.. but their kit includes a weld on bracket that you may be able to purchase. I would prefer clamp on in case I ever needed to change the location though...

Thats one reason I liked my old clamp on mount...made it easy to change my turning radius when I went too narrower tires since my ram is my steering stop

Trailtoy1993 said:
mad 4x4 sells some sweet tube clamps you might check out. Also, if yoou want to stop by I'd weld it for ya buddy. I know its a bit of a drive :D
Looked at those...the smallest they have is for 1.5" tube. I can get 3-4 singles though from Mcmaster and weld them together then weld the tabs on...at least my mind thinks that'll work.

Thanks for the offer...would almost make it worthwhile if I went wheelin while I was up there :D

I think Poly Perforance has a clamp for smaller tubing. I Just got one for 1.5" and welded on my tabs. Finally got my hydro assist done on Jeep.