• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Hydro Experts - what orbital is this?

slravenel

So I have an old setup from my old buggy that worked great and I was really happy with it, but in the new build...I think I need a new orbital (due to the new CBR pump needing a bigger feed). Only due to needing a -8 port for the pump line. This is the only orbital I have ever seen that has the smaller NPT on the orbital side. Question is...does anyone know what this orbital is? There are no markings on it other than the US Patent number which hasnt really given me anyhting. I want to try and mimic the specs as much as I can since I liked how it worked and it was flawless for so many years.

So...experts - WTF is this?

ERxU9ZN.jpg

a61OgW5.jpg

BrotceM.jpg

B7MqQla.jpg

This was part of a system that was this orbital, a PSC P pump, and an older PSC ram (8 inch, double ended, 2.875 OD...which I am guessing translated into a 2.5 ID ram which is pretty standard?) Pics of the ram - pardon the mess, I haven't painted the axle yet:

mlBTOhg.jpg

U6G4onX.jpg

I spoke to PSC and a Parker Hydro shop here in town and they have both said that it is a Parker orbital that matches all specs that we need. PSC urged me to run it and just swap in an adapter fitting and that the -8 to -6 size difference right at the orbital wont make any difference since 1) it necks down inside the orbital anyway and 2 ) -6 lines to the ram.

So, I picked up two fittings that will work and give me the -8 lines on both the cooler/reservoir and the pump side and will run this orbital.

Pretty much...this thread is pointless unless someone else has an older PSC kit and needs the same info laughing1