• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I dont want to get fat --> outdoor rec.

B Gillespie

I think I am getting fat thread derailed in Hardline fashion.
Spring is almost here, I am psyched about getting outdoors again.

I rode my cyclocross bike yesterday, almost died. Didnt ride in the bike race last weekend, too much snow and wind for me. (I know, Ima puh-c)

The weather in Como is finally getting tolerable, I am looking forward to some mtn biking and cyclo cross trips. Columbia, MO is a mecca for midwest cycling as the MKT trail system is about 4 blocks from my house and goes from Kansas City to Columbia to Hermann to St Louis, about 230 miles total (I think). There are about 40 wineries and distilleries along the trail plus countless B&B's if you want to ride for more than a day trip. None of it is paved, all gently rolling packed small gravel that rolls easy enough I ride my road bike on it. We also have one city park about 2 blocks from my house with a 10 mile knarly mtn bike loop (lost a lot of blood there) and a HUGE state park about 15 miles from my house with about 100 miles of mtn bike trails.

GF's brother has a CC membership, im anxious to finally learn to play golf with my titanium and kevlar shoulder.
Signed up for a triathlon in June.

:woot: for spring!

Anyone else run, bike, jog, swim, golf, tennis, etc.?

B Gillespie said:
GF's brother has a CC membership, im anxious to finally learn to play golf with my titanium and kevlar shoulder.

not sure that'll help you lose weight...every time ive ever golfed its just a drink fest...course, i cant have fun at it any other way...just not for me i guess... ???

I certainly dont need to lose weight. :wtflol: Its all I can do to keep weight on. We usually ride 40-80 miles per day on the weekends burning 6,000 calories each trip.

Pretty much quit drinking and GF's bro doesnt drink either. :dunno: Im sure Ill be terrible considering I have never swung a golf club, I might need to start drinking again.

:popcorn: Damn sounds like you need to start drinkin again :drinkers: You telling me all of that made my person tired. :****:

B Gillespie said:
Anyone else run, bike, jog, swim, golf, tennis, etc.?

The whole Beattie clan like to ride the bikes... HB and P are Bmx'ers, we all love swimming, P and I used to play tennis back when we had tongue piercings, jogging and running are out the window unless there is an axe murderer chasing behind and I myself am picking up golf this year. Bought the clubs a few weeks back and picked up a pair of Nike Golf shoes this past Sunday while out blowing P's money ;D maybe he won't see that.

But yes, we love spring and summer... We are the outdoor type. :dblthumb:

B Gillespie said:
I certainly dont need to lose weight. :wtflol: Its all I can do to keep weight on. We usually ride 40-80 miles per day on the weekends burning 6,000 calories each trip.

Pretty much quit drinking and GF's bro doesnt drink either. :dunno: Im sure Ill be terrible considering I have never swung a golf club, I might need to start drinking again.

****, you were skin and bones when you DID drink like a fish. If you lost any more weight you'd probably blow away in the wind.

Ambo said:
The day we got our tongue rings was the day we also quit smoking and took up tennis!

church_lady.jpg

Well now, isn't that special laughing1