• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I need some info on Hale & Golden Mtn.

muddinmetal

Guntersville, AL
I've been wanting to plan trips to these 2 parks this fall, can anyone give me some info and good advice for these parks? I wheel my real deal, one & only, daily driver. It's a locked Lexus on 37s, are many of these trails full size straight ish bodywork friendly? Thanks in advance, Tyler

Hale mountain is the same way. lots you can do and you can also get to all the hard trails to watch the other people play.

I live about 20 min from Golden, wheel there 5-6 times a year.

Lots of the trails at Hale and Golden are very rocky, but it is not necessary to get body damage to wheel them (no ditches/ravines)... if you are REALLY careful.

I took my buggy and wheeled with a bunch of late model Tacos and 4Runners at Golden, we did everything they were comfortable with in about 5 hours. Basically you'll be making loops around the "hard" trails...

muddinmetal said:
Would you say I will find more or less sharp rocks there then at Choccolocco? If so, I may need to swap back to my SXs

I can only speak on GMP, but its a great place to ride. Have seen everything from trucks on 31's to all out tube buggies ride all day long there. Sharp rock wise its not too bad. lots of muddy rocks if its rained.

Here is a link to there website:
http://www.goldenmountainpark.com/

I've looked at their sites a 100 times (GM needs to update their events!), but I was hoping to get a little real deal 1st hand experience as soon as I can get it planned. So far this rig has done well at a wet mountainside orp, not so well at a soaked Aetna (damn MT/Rs) and very well at a dry Chocco (thanks MT/Rs). I have a set of SXs I run if it's the least bit muddy these days, so I'll plan accordingly. Thanks for the info so far guys, and if any Daily drivers or at least patient big dogs are planning any rides to these 2 parks between now & Christmas, Let me know...

muddinmetal said:
I've looked at their sites a 100 times (GM needs to update their events!), but I was hoping to get a little real deal 1st hand experience as soon as I can get it planned. So far this rig has done well at a wet mountainside orp, not so well at a soaked Aetna (damn MT/Rs) and very well at a dry Chocco (thanks MT/Rs). I have a set of SXs I run if it's the least bit muddy these days, so I'll plan accordingly. Thanks for the info so far guys, and if any Daily drivers or at least patient big dogs are planning any rides to these 2 parks between now & Christmas, Let me know...

Yeah I've wished many a time they would update their website and that they would do more publicity for their rides. Here are some old pictures from at least three or four years ago from down there:
http://s280.photobucket.com/albums/kk185/dirttoy3/GMP/

Recently discovered that I had mistakenly deleted all of my old riding pictures from 2005 to 2011 off of my computer or I'd post up some more for ya.

Golden mt is the **** for rock crawling was there memorial weekend and had a blast lots of big rocks and ledges to crawl owners are very accmidating also good luck no crowds either all shaded trails

flatcreek931 said:
Golden mt is the **** for rock crawling was there memorial weekend and had a blast lots of big rocks and ledges to crawl owners are very accmidating also good luck no crowds either all shaded trails

Park is very shady and being up on the Cumberland Plateau means there is usually a good breeze running through there as well.

flatcreek931 said:
i think that was when it rolled on top of a fairly new jeep.

Na it landed a big ole 49 right smack in the middle of a CJ7 hood. Was one of my riding buddies. I told him not to park at the bottom of Bounty Hill :****: but he didn't listen.

If I remember correctly Daniel took care of him though after the roll and rough landing.

I am hoping to have my buggy finished by Dixie Run. It is killing me not to go to GMP at least once per month.

we come up from central florida for our first try at the rockclimbing at the dixie run lastyear at GMP. needless to say we are coming back up this year!!!! we had a blast!

Hale is a great park to ride at. They just cut in 25 new trails of from easy to hard and need names for them. I know of one which is Hero Hill but they dont have a hero yet.