• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If the State can't fund?

...who are we to ignore the law....

The same Americans that told King George where he could shove his taxation without representation, that's who. Wrong is wrong.
:beer:

And for the record I have never posted admission to illegal wheelin. Suggestions, hints and even threats of it, sure. I speak my mind here because I know DNR is reading all of this. DNR needs to know what position they are putting us in as well as the consequences of their policies to both parties involved. To Jay-Luke's point the signs are a problem for me too. The idea of exploring gray areas is one thing but I will never cross a "Closed to ORVs" sign and never have.

I have only been back to Reiter twice since it closed. Both times were work parties.

they make every damn fast food place be handicaped accesible but not the forest....My Jeep serves that purpose

That's a good point. When you really think about it though, its a very good point.

:cheer:

/\ My first ever use of the cheerleader emoticon. Fact.

They need to wake up and realize what the people will do if there is no motorized recreation area. Think the vehicles will go away? Nope! The tax base sure will though! People will sneak out to illegally wheel in even far more ecologically sensitive areas. Is that what they want? How many MORE enforcement agency personnel will be required to control them? Where will THAT money come from?
We are being taxed for something we aren't allowed to use now, but that used to be free and open to everyone. It's like in ancient time when the King claimed all the forests and arable land as his own and you were penalized and prosecuted as poachers for daring to hunt where you used to. Food was the theme back then and 4 wheeling is food for the soul. It tests your ability and awareness.

WHY did it stop being free? WHO is making money from the BS of controlling the general population from enjoying the freedoms our forefathers handed down to us? WHAT and WHO gave them the "right" to do this? THAT is what I want answered!

The same Americans that told King George where he could shove his taxation without representation, that's who. Wrong is wrong.
:beer:

And for the record I have never posted admission to illegal wheelin. Suggestions, hints and even threats of it, sure. I speak my mind here because I know DNR is reading all of this. DNR needs to know what position they are putting us in as well as the consequences of their policies to both parties involved. To Jay-Luke's point the signs are a problem for me too. The idea of exploring gray areas is one thing but I will never cross a "Closed to ORVs" sign and never have.

I have only been back to Reiter twice since it closed. Both times were work parties.

Not quite as simple as that.....You assume "taxpayers" describes our group of motorized users. Truth is "taxpayers" is everyone and motorized users are out voted a couple hunderd million to one.
Unfortunately the "taxpayers" have decided that the DNR's primary function isn't to provide us a place to play.:booo:

So that makes us a minority, right?

We do not leave anything man made on public lands we use nor take anything away from public lands when we leave. Numbers are irrelevant when it comes to the preservation of individuals rights.

Unfortunately I don't think this is correct. Yes in a perfect world that's what we would like but in reality we often damage the land which is supposed to be growing trees. We also create runoff which damages streams and rivers........No I don't believe this is a significant impact but what I think doesn't matter. It's what "they" think and until someone changes their mind it's enough for them to dictate what we do.:booo:

"The same Americans that told King George where he could shove his taxation without representation, that's who. Wrong is wrong."

GOD DAMN WELL SAID!!!!!
:cool:
cheers, b

"The same Americans that told King George where he could shove his taxation without representation, that's who. Wrong is wrong."

GOD DAMN WELL SAID!!!!!
:cool:
cheers, b

have them write that on your ticket....when they add all the trees that you rubbed on and silt you caused to flow into some salmon stream (where there has not been a fish in 800 years)

My family was here and fought that damn king also, kinda cool eh

have them write that on your ticket....when they add all the trees that you rubbed on and silt you caused to flow into some salmon stream (where there has not been a fish in 800 years)

Not gonna happen. I am not building a rig for rubbing against trees on tight trails. That is old school tub 'n frame wheelin and not what I am really interested in. My rig is being built to play on big rocks. The kind of terrain I seek out has an abundance of exposed rock and few evergreen trees. I could do most of Old Reiter and never touch a tree.

I'm not interested in mud or water either. The salmon are safe from people like me. What the rock buggies want is the most sustainable and least damaging ORV use possible.

Not gonna happen. I am not building a rig for rubbing against trees on tight trails. That is old school tub 'n frame wheelin and not what I am really interested in. My rig is being built to play on big rocks. The kind of terrain I seek out has an abundance of exposed rock and few evergreen trees. I could do most of Old Reiter and never touch a tree.

I'm not interested in mud or water either. The salmon are safe from people like me. What the rock buggies want is the most sustainable and least damaging ORV use possible.

dood....I HATE mud and drive around puddles....I like rocks and that is with an old tub :awesomework:

Tell you what I will do if for some strange reason I end up with a ticket for tree damage. I promise I will go right up to Evans Creek and take a bunch of pictures all the trees the FS dropped to block off routes that have been in use for years, even decades as the trees grew up healthy and strong until they met the saw. I'll take proof with me to court of the kind of rape the FS is willing to commit against its own resources for no other reason than to further restrict public access and reduce trail mileage.

Tell you what I will do if for some strange reason I end up with a ticket for tree damage. I promise I will go right up to Evans Creek and take a bunch of pictures all the trees the FS dropped to block off routes that have been in use for years, even decades as the trees grew up healthy and strong until they met the saw. I'll take proof with me to court of the kind of rape the FS is willing to commit against its own resources for no other reason than to further restrict public access and reduce trail mileage.

sarcasm...do you speak it?

sarcasm...do you speak it?

I was being serious in a sarcastic way. I know a defense based on my previous post would never work to counter such a ticket in court. My use of sarcasm here mirrors my belief that the "They're gunna charge whoever they catch for all the tree damage in the woods" idea is complete horse ****. The suggestion is more a scare tactic put out by those with an agenda to discourage dispersed recreation. The idea is no different than deciding the next Washington resident to be pulled over for DUI will be charged for the murders of any and all people killed by drunk drivers in the last ten years.

It'd never hold up in court, but that didn't stop the internet from debating the details to death for two or three pages. :rolleyes:

You better be willing to do some traveling with your new rig because finding that kind of wheelin around here is pretty slim. The best trails around are in canada and you better be ready to rub some tree's.
I love tree's