• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

If we had a local privet owned ORV park would you pay and use it

If we had a local privet owned ORV park would you pay and use it

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I would be happy to pay.Bottom line this is where our hobby/sport is going.I think with out private parks to wheel and stuff,we wont have anywhere to go wheel ...legally.Its just a matter of time.Ive been talking to some peeps down here in Bentoncity trying to get some guys together to do the same.I think anyone that can do this and do it up right meaning make it challenging yet make it accesable to the lesser rigs (opens diffs and lil tires)will have great success,imo.

Guys just got to draw up a bussiness plan and look it over.

Here is a start to fees

Permit Fees

Our permitting system uses a decal that must be placed on the vehicle in a clearly visible location. Permits can be purchased for a period of one year, or for 31 days.
Yearly Permits (One Per Vehicle)
________________________________________Each permit: $20

Multi-Vehicle Permits

I like the idea BUT...

I don't see how this could be the most profitable way to use a large chunk of land in Snohomish County.

So the owner must not be worried about generating income or covering interest payments.

Not to mention the time/money involved to get environmental studies and whatever else needed to get permitted by the county/state.

If the owners are already decided they want to open an ORV area then that is awesome. But if they are weighing their options of what to do with their land I wouldn't hold my breath.

I like the idea BUT...

I don't see how this could be the most profitable way to use a large chunk of land in Snohomish County.

So the owner must not be worried about generating income or covering interest payments.

Not to mention the time/money involved to get environmental studies and whatever else needed to get permitted by the county/state.

If the owners are already decided they want to open an ORV area then that is awesome. But if they are weighing their options of what to do with their land I wouldn't hold my breath.

i bet this could be extremely profitable

I honestly seeing a place like this not lasting long at all, give a few years but not long term.

The problem is, when it is new everyone will want to go and check it out. Then again to do some thing that was not done the first time, but after a few times of the same thing they will stop going and be back in the trails. The appeal of a convient place to play is cool but the novalty will where off.

The only way to make some thing like to work long term is to change it up every so often, but the cost to do it would not make it unfeasable. Several hundred acres or more will be needed to keep the interset of repeat business. Yes you will get a small group of people that will be regulars, but they will not keep up what is needed to meet the amount of money needed for insurance.

You will need lots of different things to do and miles of trails with play areas that are changing to be successful, but then again, nothing beats the fun of hitting different trails in different areas to test your abilitys and you can't put that in one 4x4 area.

Just my .02

I like the idea BUT...

So change the $30 to $100
The $20 to $50 (or 60 or something)
And the $40 to $120.

there, more profitable and still within the realm of what people would pay. If it was worth it, or atleast close and fun with decent operations (i.e. I don't mind giving money to the owner), $100 for a yearly pass is more than reasonable.

Heck, if they re-opened Reiter, and it was decent, and the money actually WENT back to the operation and/or maintenance of Reiter and/or other ORV parks, I'd even pay $100 to the state.

I honestly seeing a place like this not lasting long at all, give a few years but not long term.

The problem is, when it is new everyone will want to go and check it out. Then again to do some thing that was not done the first time, but after a few times of the same thing they will stop going and be back in the trails. The appeal of a convient place to play is cool but the novalty will where off.

The only way to make some thing like to work long term is to change it up every so often, but the cost to do it would not make it unfeasable. Several hundred acres or more will be needed to keep the interset of repeat business. Yes you will get a small group of people that will be regulars, but they will not keep up what is needed to meet the amount of money needed for insurance.

You will need lots of different things to do and miles of trails with play areas that are changing to be successful, but then again, nothing beats the fun of hitting different trails in different areas to test your abilitys and you can't put that in one 4x4 area.

Just my .02

If "public" wheeling became pay-to-play. Or as its headed, got shut down, then yes, a private park would have a lot of return business. Heck, we go play 'for free' at the same old, boring place all the time, and some of them even suck but we go because they are the only places TO go. But people still seem to find fun new things to do at them.

If "public" wheeling became pay-to-play. Or as its headed, got shut down, then yes, a private park would have a lot of return business. Heck, we go play 'for free' at the same old, boring place all the time, and some of them even suck but we go because they are the only places TO go. But people still seem to find fun new things to do at them.

Correct, but you are not paying $30 to play for a day. It is free or with a small anual user fee.

If all public wheeling shut down then, yes i agree, but that is not likely to happen. Limited wheeling yes, but to outlaw all wheeling, not likely.

I like the idea BUT...

If the land is undevelopable, it could be.

I think a lot of you guys are thinking small scale, small property. I think (and hope) that this is proposed for a larger piece of land.:cheer:

And the answer the OP, HELL YES! If it were only as much as nowires posted, even a poor college student like me could and would afford to wheel there. The park owner could also make money off rentals/concessions/competitions and get togethers.

Last edited:
Correct, but you are not paying $30 to play for a day. It is free or with a small anual user fee.

If all public wheeling shut down then, yes i agree, but that is not likely to happen. Limited wheeling yes, but to outlaw all wheeling, not likely.

The prices that nowires posted were yearly fee's.:awesomework:

Superlift Park has been open for a while now and seems to be thriving. A Yearly pass is $250 or there are many options for less money. I think it will be hard to keep a park open on the west side unless we can get vote in some more political support.

The prices that nowires posted were yearly fee's.:awesomework:

Ok, but Straddaline (SP) can barly stay a float with a $15 a person a day fee.
What makes you think a $30 annual fee will pay for the insurance and up keep of a 4x4 preserve?

I will bet my left nut that there is and will always be more MX rides/users for a this kind of thing the there are 4x4 users.

Straddaline holds events to help pay the cost they encoure and have lost support from some groups because of the fee they charge these groups to hold events. The cost of insurance is out of controll for things like this.

Don't get me wrong, i thinlk this is a great idea, but not some thing that will last or bring in enough money to stay a float. Especially in Western Washington.

What makes you think a $30 annual fee will pay for the insurance and up keep of a 4x4 preserve?

I don't, but I think there are ways around it. Such as forms that users sign before using the park understanding that all personal injury and all damage done to vehicles is not the parks responsibility, but the users responsability.

The local (former) timber company, Crown Pacific, used to allow ORV's on thier property (Camp 18, near the south fork of the Nooksack). When the user entered their property (for free, IIRC), they acknoleged that personal and property damage was not the companies responsibility. They held many get togethers and rides with the local ORV clubs. They sold out about 5 years back to a California timber company, and public motorized access is no longer allowed.:mad:

Don't get me wrong, i thinlk this is a great idea, but not some thing that will last or bring in enough money to stay a float. Especially in Western Washington.

:awesomework: It is a great idea, and would be tough, but I believe it could perserver. That being said, it may be easier to open a offroad park in the scrab lands in Eastern Washington.

Last edited:
I am just trying to play devils advocate, to show both sides of the coin. If the parties in volved in this idea get a idae from my commonts and think about what i say is only to make sure they cover all there basis.

I would love to see some thing like this happen, but like i stated before, i would check it out, but would not regulaly visit it for the cost would be not cost effective for me to visit regularly and would probably get boring after a few visit's.

It would be up to the local wheelers (where ever it mat be) in the area to keep some thing like a float. It cost a lot more to transport a 4x4 then a bike,

Last edited:
How much is ticket to a Sea Hawks game? I don't know because I'll never go, I find watching and not doing a waste of time. Sports without internal combustion is as much fun as sitting on a tack.

I am just trying to play devils advocate, to show both sides of the coin. If the parties in volved in this idea get a idae from my commonts and think about what i say is only to make sure they cover all there basis.

An thats what makes a good discussion.:awesomework: No personal attacks, just civil discussion.

How much is ticket to a Sea Hawks game? I don't know because I'll never go, I find watching and not doing a waste of time. Sports without internal combustion is as much fun as sitting on a tack.

I pay 1300 a year for season tickets. 65$ a game ten games x2 seats

Everyone on this board is going to think this is a million dollar idea that will money hand over fist.

I hear golf courses and ski areas are big money makers too. :rolleyes:

I guarantee there is a more profitable use for whatever land this is...

unless that is not an issue (for the owner) then this whole thing sounds more realistic. :awesomework:

Everyone on this board is going to think this is a million dollar idea that will money hand over fist.

I hear golf courses and ski areas are big money makers too. :rolleyes:

I guarantee there is a more profitable use for whatever land this is...

unless that is not an issue (for the owner) then this whole thing sounds more realistic. :awesomework:

Other States are encouraging ORV parks and grant money is available. Here are couples that were posted in the last week. DNR across the nation is really making an attempt to open there land for use. Do a search

Posted: Friday, March 26, 2010, 8:18 am
LANSING (AP)

Exactly. Grants and subsidies are the only way it would survive.

Be sure to state that in the business plan you show the bank.

Latest posts