• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Im done with it !! FAWKIN POS.

kushKrawlin

Ok.. 3rd fawkin starter!!!! I swear to God I would burn this POS if I didn't have so much in it .. Can someone that's 100% sure PLEASE tell me why I have been through 3 dam starters!??? Same dam thing.. InstAll, works great! Then a lil time goes by, usually a few months.. And the sack of **** starts some loud ass unbearable grinding noise. I have found the only way around it is to get out , push the fly wheel around just a inch or so and then it will crank fine. I'm not a mechanic. I actually Prob suck at pretending to be one to be honest. But this bullshit doesn't make sense to me!! I'm so Fukin close to ripping this motor out and makin a YouTube video of me dragging it to the lake. This is 100% total bullshit. I'm to the point of loadin it up and taking it somewhere. I really just want the dam thing to crank correctly, and FAWKIN idle a lil higher than 150 RPM's. Seriously, it makes me so mad I could swing a sledge hammer on it all day. Or a cuttin torch. Who the hell are Ya supposed to take somthjn like this to to get tuned for propane and a starter fixed???? I'm so sick of this. Anyone know why?? I'm Lookin for someone that knows without a shadow of a doubt, not logical guess's. And please, please don't say "shim IT". **** on a shim. I have tried everything I have read or been told. There has to be an answer for this. Cause i dam sure don't hear anyone else's **** screeching so loud it echos through the woods. I'm willing to bring This thing to someone experieced to fix this. I seriously through in the towel last night. IM DONE . I wish I could start it another way, this has me really considering another motor. But then I think of The money, and the fsct that it's a good motor I think. It can't be this hard, or maybe it can. Either way if anyone has a clue please feel free to share. If not there will be a youtube video in my future, and this turd will be parked for a long time. Thanks. Happy Tuesday. Lots of grass to cut this week. YAAYYY me! Just shoot me ...

I have had others look and tell me it's fine. So Tyler, why all the sudden? what makes it all the sudden need shims? cause I ain't never had a dam truck where the stater out of no where just needed shimming. The last one I could click it , shim , all that **** and still sucked. Took it to starter and alternator guy and got a 100 dollar starter that worked like a 2015 new car. Now boom. Same ****. Wtf man.

Re: Im done with it !! FAWKIN POS.

kushKrawlin said:
I have had others look and tell me it's fine. So Tyler, why all the sudden? what makes it all the sudden need shims? cause I ain't never had a dam truck where the stater out of no where just needed shimming. The last one I could click it , shim , all that **** and still sucked. Took it to starter and alternator guy and got a 100 dollar starter that worked like a 2015 new car. Now boom. Same ****. Wtf man.
You sure your starter bolts and backing out also make sure the fly wheel isn't cracked and all the bell housing bolts are tight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your flywheel is probably worn worst in different spots. This would make the starter further away in those areas. This is probably from improper shimming in the past. IMO, it's time for a new flywheel.

muddinmetal said:
It's a ****ing flexplate y'all... Automatics don't have flywheels :gtfo:
Easy buddy. I'm sure the OP gets the idea.
Are you one of those people that get pissed when someone calls a gas engine a "motor"?

Re: Re: Re: Im done with it !! FAWKIN POS.

Neal3000 said:
Have you tried a mini starter? Heat soak from my headers seemed to F-up fullsize starters on mine
Had same issue on my ranger.

Neal3000 said:
Have you tried a mini starter? Heat soak from my headers seemed to F-up fullsize starters on mine
I was going to say the same thing. If I remember correctly you have that motor that thumps pretty hard. It may have a lot of compression and is too much for a normal gm starter. If thats the case go to the parts store and tell them you need a starter for a 1994 G20 van. They had a factory gear reduction mini starter. $109.00 after the core.

AdamF said:
I was going to say the same thing. If I remember correctly you have that motor that thumps pretty hard. It may have a lot of compression and is too much for a normal gm starter.

I have assumed he had a mini this whole time,,, if not, winner winner chicken dinner

This Is the one I had. The starter builder laughed at it. Said it was pretty much a yota starter with diff sticker. I have done everything mentioned fellas. EXCEPT new flywheel. Haha sorry had to Tyler. Hahaha

RebelRider said:
Easy buddy. I'm sure the OP gets the idea.
Are you one of those people that get pissed when someone calls a gas engine a "motor"?
He really loves for sale ads with shitty Info or no pics. Haha keep in mind if u decide to sell something. So you can do it for a awesome, and I mean awesome response!! Hahahah gotta love Em tho!!
Seriously, thanks a ton for the advice so far. Should've been more specific on the past starters I have dealt with. My bad fellas. Truly greatful for yalls help. I can't stand this anymore. And I'm not kiddin.

al1tonyota said:
Time for an LS!
That's it pal!! Yourrrrr outtaaaa hereeee!! :gtfo: Hahaha ass

Re: Re: Im done with it !! FAWKIN POS.

kushKrawlin said:
I have thought of this could be the only thing left. Would a worn-out "flexplate" ruin starters? I think the Bendix was messed up on the other ones?
Yes