• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Im done with it !! FAWKIN POS.

Re: Re: Im done with it !! FAWKIN POS.

Beerj said:
Thanks, now I just watched a 17 min video on how to start and drive a model T. :driving:
You learn something new (or in this case old) every day!

I will say that I feel as if a burden has been lifted now that my rig is gone, and I didn't even really have to work on it as much as some do. Now all 4 of the vehicles I own are about as reliable as they come so I'm not inconvenienced any longer by having to wrench on **** (except the gf's wore out Durango lol). It's like "Ahhh, one less thing to worry about now...."

Re: Im done with it !! FAWKIN POS.

mac5005 said:
Too much timing? Does it mess up the starter when restarting while hot? Blew a couple big block starters up like this. Worked fine when cold, but when warmed up, with too much advance, it would try to push the piston back down, and kick back. Was hell on the starter and flex plate. Pulled some timing out and gave up some hp just to make parts last longer.

This is very common on a small block

bad80cj said:
This is very common on a small block

For the record, was on a tbi 454, we were experimenting with setting the base timing WAY advanced to see what the ecu would do, and what we could pick up.

kushKrawlin said:
What the hell U dojn in tech and fab? Good lord. Welcome, but the "butt sex in a razor" forum is patiently Waitin on Ur "services" U advertised. haha ****. This is a FAWKIN nightmare! But thanks for the advice.

dam Ford driver.
At least Ford starters don't need shims and blow up all the time due to heat soak.....

Re:

Had many late 80's and early 90's Ford F150's and Bronco's never needed shims, and sunk them in mud, water, and drove many hours slowly in the woods and over the road. Never a issue.

zukimaster said:
^^^ maybe you can sell Kush the starter off your BLOWED up ford truck! Since it's so great! laughing1

This Ford has never needed a shim. Pretty much all Ford parts in the entire rig. Only exception is the heavy parts in the front axle.

:popcorn: :stir:

zukimaster said:
^^^ maybe you can sell Kush the starter off your BLOWED up ford truck! Since it's so great! laughing1
Technically not blown up just cam phasers but yeah it's not as good as the 80's and 90's Ford trucks either.

TheViking said:
At least Ford starters don't need shims and blow up all the time due to heat soak.....
Is rather change a starter on a chevy than the countless motor in a ford haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk