• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

I'm hooked again.

NotMatt

Got my bike out finally. Winter is over officially, I don't care if we just got another dumping of snow on saturday, I went riding tonight and it's everything I remember, except I'm a little more wheezy these days and my legs feel like jello after my last two night rides. :cool:

This is also part of my "stop being a fat lazy ass" plan for this spring. :rolleyes:

Wish I lived closer to all ya'll so I'd have some peeps to ride with, but I don't mind riding solo so much. It's a nice break after a long day.

Last edited:
BTW, anyone here have a rear hub with 14mm axle they want to part with cheap? I've got the rim and spokes, just need one hub to lace up. I'm running a cheap old school 3/8" axle in the rear with spacers and I'm fearing for its life. :;

olllllllo said:
Are ya gonna get some spandex now? :haha::haha::haha:

PS Wear yer helmet. :hi:

Redneck rider here... I wear carhartt's, a snap-on hat, a pair of work gloves and a 10 dollar head lamp.

Helmets mess up my hair. :flipoff:

Actually I should probably get one. I don't own a helmet and I rode without one for years and got lucky a number of times. It would be just my luck to crack my skull open after only being back on the bike for a week. :D

java said:
full face is your friend :flipoff: nice bike BTW

Thanks. I need to tear it apart and do some maintenance, it's been sitting for a while.

Definitely not a full-face for me... I hate not having peripheral vision, especially when riding on the street. I'll probably go with a pro-tec or similar "skate" style helmet. Those seem to be the ticket.

i have a six six nine one i like but for big hucking the full face is nice. they have some that the vision is pretty good out of.

Oh man more bike people. Remember John with the red cherokee? We he broke his arm, knocked a tooth out and cut his face up real good a few weekends ago after a double date with a bike and pavement.

Awww yes i need to bust out both my bikes......rode the dirtbike around the block yesterday did some fat burn outs lol......going to moses lake this weekend with that

My mountain bike is still collecting dust though, i should pull it out today and do the anual tune up before going on a street ride MarcW is planning in a couple weeks!

IMGP1548.jpg

^^^

Do they make some BMX bikes with the chain on the left side of the frame? I seem to recall it always being on the right....

bmxanddie said:
i've been hooked for 9 years:flipoff:

this bike makes me realize how much my bike is not setup for what i like to ride, long top tube, heavy, too much crap on it, i LOVED riding my Kona Crab till it got stolen with my BRAND NEW odessy pegs on it:mad: oh well, i think i might "give " the GF my Free Agent and built an Eastern:cool:

bmxanddie said:
i've been hooked for 9 years:flipoff:

Funny how you can tell a real BMX rider by his bike. Good or not at riding you can tell if they "get it" by the setup. This bike is a perfect example.

PS. You ever jump at "DART" in Tumwater?

Glenn said:
^^^

Do they make some BMX bikes with the chain on the left side of the frame? I seem to recall it always being on the right....

Simply..........YES. This could be a backwards photo but I doubt it. The idea was to get your Chain on the side that you DONT tend to grind on.(protecting it). Ironically the pic also has the other way of solving the problem. running a 12,13,14 tooth freewheel and a 32 ish sprocket. This also helps with Crank grinds and stalls.

Last edited:
NotMatt said:
BTW, anyone here have a rear hub with 14mm axle they want to part with cheap? I've got the rim and spokes, just need one hub to lace up. I'm running a cheap old school 3/8" axle in the rear with spacers and I'm fearing for its life. :;

I've got somee 14mm adapters laying around here somewhere. They would help a little but there not the same as 14mm axles. Let me know. (you will have to ream out the rear for them, but you'll have to for 14mm axles anyway.)

Here's a picture for the "old school" bmx'ers out there!!

Attachments

• P1010310 (Small).JPG
    P1010310 (Small).JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 135