• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

IN, OH, WV, NC, TN, AL, MS....sites to NOT miss?!?!

Bones

That Guy
Never spent any time out in these parts other than visits to the 'Ham and my 911 drive back to KC from Savannah straight through. Anything that is a MUST SEE let me know and I will put it on the GPS. No real rush, I have all day/night. Yeah it's a LOT of ground to cover but I have been talking about this for 2-3 years.

I am going from Attica to Canton along Lake Erie , then back to Cinci to get my Radar from being serviced.

Charleston WV for a night

Deals Gap @ the NC, TN border :afro:

Doramoritorium :woody:

Jackson, Nolen get yer junk ready :flipoff1:

Then north home through Mark Twin via AR and MO. MIGHT hit KC on Saturday, but I am not making any promises.

Nothing too major here in Columbia, some cool state parks, the river, and some nice restaurants. :dunno:

Bones said:
Never spent any time out in these parts other than visits to the 'Ham and my 911 drive back to KC from Savannah straight through. Anything that is a MUST SEE let me know and I will put it on the GPS. No real rush, I have all day/night. Yeah it's a LOT of ground to cover but I have been talking about this for 2-3 years.

I am going from Attica to Canton along Lake Erie , then back to Cinci to get my Radar from being serviced.

Charleston WV for a night

Deals Gap @ the NC, TN border :afro:

Doramoritorium :woody:

Jackson, Nolen get yer junk ready :flipoff1:

Then north home through Mark Twin via AR and MO. MIGHT hit KC on Saturday, but I am not making any promises.

You need to take a night and stay in my guest house. My place is pretty unique and I think you would like it. I can have all the boys come up and we can knock back a few co-colas.

From here I would go to Vicksburg and ride through the National Park. The roads in there are pretty cool. Lots of cool history. You can get a very good grasp on the deal with only a few stops.

From there I would hit Hwy 61 south to the Natchez Trace and then the Trace to Natchez. Get some Tamales in Natchez.

From Natchez back on Hwy 61 to Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Hell, if you are down here, you need to go to NO and ride through the town do a little partying and ride over and check out the lower 9th ward and New Orleans East. I can give you a list of good hole-in-the-wall eat places along this route.

From NO you can follow the River Road up through Acadiana and ride the ferry back across the MS river at St Francisville.

Hwy 61 all the way back up through the MS Delta. Go to Clarksdale and hang at Morgan Freeman's place and have some good vittles. From there up through Memphrica and follow the river to Hannibal.

Well damn you have a good amount of riding for me right in your area and that's near the end of my trip.

Joel said we'd hit up Rock Midget State Park also. I didn't see it in my US Parks book, but he swears it's legit. laughing1

Fancy Gap, WV baby if you like steeep grades! laughing1 My dad blew the 454 in our family winnebago back in the day on that pass... I'd imagine WV would have some killer terrain to ride, and I know Kentucky does as well thumb.gif

Tons to see in TN, Smokey Mtn Ntl Park is nice just stay away from Gatlinburg. There is not much to see in Alabama IMO, maybe some sites up in North AL or down on the beach. Vicksburg is cool and there is a good bit of history around Beale Street in Memphis.

Not in this for a history lesson, just good sites and see some sites. Memprica does nothing for me. I will likely bypass it out of Jackson unless I go with some of Nolens ideas. Not a chance to see it all. Just some highlight. Mainly for me it's Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon) 318 turns in 11 miles. Kinda the Moab of bike culture. There is a 120 mile loop in that area also.

Bones said:
Not in this for a history lesson, just good sites and see some sites. Memprica does nothing for me. I will likely bypass it out of Jackson unless I go with some of Nolens ideas. Not a chance to see it all. Just some highlight. Mainly for me it's Deals Gap (Tail of the Dragon) 318 turns in 11 miles. Kinda the Moab of bike culture. There is a 120 mile loop in that area also.

Yeah Deal's Gap, one of the deadliest roads in America. Sounds fun!

Bones said:

You're right there, so if you get a chance ride up to Mount Mitchell. Also, do the Appalachian Parkway and the Blueridge Parkway if you get the chance.

I had fun there when I went a few years back....

Matt O. said:
Yeah Deal's Gap, one of the deadliest roads in America. Sounds fun!
And you wheel extreme trails in a buggy. What is the difference? Speed limit is 30 mph on the TN side, it's a cop haven, I will be there on a Tuesday and I am not a sport bike rider and more or less just want to see what all the hyp is. I am not into draggin my pegs on a loaded down bike, getting a speeding ticket or laying down my bike. Just have to watch out for others, which you have to every day no matter where you ride.

Off my soap box now. :drinkers:

If MS is as low as you go, skirt the top of AL, cross MS into Tupelo, see the King's birthplace. Hit the Natchez Trace from Tupelo to Canton. Spend night, head out across the Delta to Clarksdale and see the Blues Museum and Morgan's spot. It is pretty cool. The Crossroads. Nice stuff there if you like music. Food is good too.

129 south from the Dragon will bring you through a lot of the N. GA mountains. Good roads for a cruising bike. Even better for a sport bike. Spend a night camping at TWO near Dhalonega.

I will print this thread before I leave. laughing1

Laptop is going to be with me so I can remap crap while sitting around at night. Still on the fence if I want to bring camp gear or just hotel it every night. Hotel is sounding pretty good about now after 4-500 mile days or more.

Mr. Underkill said:
129 south from the Dragon will bring you through a lot of the N. GA mountains. Good roads for a cruising bike. Even better for a sport bike. Spend a night camping at TWO near Dhalonega.

Underkill is all over it, the mountains of North GA are very nice and tons of your biker boys ride those roads. Lots of really neat outcroppings that pop up around the sections of the Appalachian Trail that pass through the road there.

I forgot about GA. Didn't think I'd hit it. Might b-line it for NC, TN, GA area for a couple days if I can and still get to Dora and Jackson like I had planned/hoped.

Unless you have a reason to come to MS, I would bypass it. This state, with the exception of a few small areas, would be boring on a bike.

DavidsCJ7 said:
Unless you have a reason to come to MS, I would bypass it. This state, with the exception of a few small areas, would be boring on a bike.
I am going mainly to crash and Joels and he said we'd go see Nolen's "car" thing-a-ma-bobber. I heard it was kinda cool in a ghetto kinda way. laughing1

Bones said:
I am going mainly to crash and Joels and he said we'd go see Nolen's "car" thing-a-ma-bobber. I heard it was kinda cool in a ghetto kinda way. laughing1

Ok....y'all let me know when you get here and we will drink a beer at Rock Midget State Park.