• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

In your opinion :)wheelbase

The way I lookat it that you want it to fit in the trails you an to run. If the area you wheel is open and you have a wide trail then go with as long as you wish. For most of the trails I run a shorter wheelbase works well and does not need to make 3-4 point turns.

Tire size is big as you don't want to be long with small tires as you will hang up too much. Short with big tires can make you a bit tippy on climbs. Figure out your tire size and use that to help figure out your wheelbase.

with the new rig i wanted 104 but ended up at 113 and i love it. i can turn really sharp so that is not an issue. i can turn sharper than the jeep at 100. i agree with Karl 97 to 100 is bad as you will fall into all the jeep holes. been there done that in the jeep now i walk right over those same holes.

much more stable in steep climbs and drops.:D

I'm sitting at 100" with 40" Irok's my skid plate measures 22" off the ground. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. I do agree a little longer like maybe 108-110" would be right on the money. Anything longer and the tight trails become really tight and your just beating up the tree's.

But I can say at 100", my jeep does pretty damn well on all obstacles. This didn't happen over night. It's been a 10 year project so far to dial this thing in and I'm still not there.

I loved how my yota wheeled with the uber long wheelbase of 128 1/2" with a 24" flat belly. GM full width tons and 44's, never found a trail it wouldnt fit on. I know there are many out there such as upper rimrock but i kept it on the lower trails without issue. Naches was a blast, it fit everywhere. :D

I loved how my yota wheeled with the uber long wheelbase of 128 1/2" with a 24" flat belly. GM full width tons and 44's, never found a trail it wouldnt fit on. I know there are many out there such as upper rimrock but i kept it on the lower trails without issue. Naches was a blast, it fit everywhere. :D

Hell at 128 1/2 that thing would climb a wall I bet. Thats long.

I wouldn't want to be any shorter than the 94" I'm at now. Hand standing it down poop shoot put a permanent ridge in my seat bottom. I can't imagine doing that in a Sami...

im at 104" on 37" PBR's with toyota axles with about 22" at the belly (first gen toy pu) . and it does great on all the trails around here and most of the rock gardens. only thing it doesn't like as well as my buddy's rigs with 115-120" wheel base is the taller rock ledges. but i wouldn't change it one bit.

you'll definitely enjoy the 105+ wheelbase on rocks in moab. but thats not here.

My jeep is 107. The XJ is 101. Both have 37" tires, and for the most part they do well. I've seen that for log-climbs, shorter Jeeps do a little bit better. But for steeper stuff I like having that weight distribution.

Zukkev is at 82. so. yah. figure that one out ;)

Latest posts