• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

injector?????? tbi 4.3

How old?
If this is the old style injectors with the round black plastic cap...you may want to just grab the inj pod off a GM throttle body and bolt it down.
The early holley inj's were very poor.
Even holley switched to delphi injectors.

Still need to check the actual fuel pressure and sheet 1 of the wiring diagrams I have posted list the key-on and engine running voltage checks for trouble shooting.

will my harness plug into that. tps and mass air conectors? ill be going to pull apart tomarrow for a brain and look for an tbi.:beer:

You're wasting your time throwing pieces at it when you don't understand how it works. Go to the BP and read the FAQ if you ever want it to run worth a ****.

I would definately get a new mass air valve and check the charcoal canister harness. If the wires are crossed you'll get reverse fuel flow.:awesomework:

Let us know when your ready to move fwd.
:corn:

:stirpot:

when you say it drops to 3v, what are you refering to? and under what conditions?
bat voltage? referance voltage? tps? etc?

like rick said, read up... get your self some sort of background on what shuld be going on, then give us enough info to understand what you are trying to say.

So this is a new retrofit/ install? You need to go to the Binder Planet and read through the FAQs.

its the tbi that came on the motor. i bought a howell harness hoping that i could plug and go. i understand how it works. and i went thru the FAQs.

You live in the same town....you could drive by and take some pics.

i live in marysville, if you live near by it would be much appreciated if you could look at whats going on. that would be awsome.

when you say it drops to 3v, what are you refering to? and under what conditions?
bat voltage? referance voltage? tps? etc?

like rick said, read up... get your self some sort of background on what shuld be going on, then give us enough info to understand what you are trying to say.

-the injector plug goes from 12v to 3v when you turn to motor over.
-at the fuse block its 12v then you turn it over it goes to 9v
-throttle positioning senser

i live in marysville, if you live near by it would be much appreciated if you could look at whats going on. that would be awsome.

-at the fuse block its 12v then you turn it over it goes to 9v
-throttle positioning senser

droping to 9v indicates a few things,
1. bad ground
2. coroded conections
3. week bat

shoot me your addy , phone # etc in a pm, ill see if i can swing by tomorow some time.

I would definately get a new mass air valve and check the charcoal canister harness. If the wires are crossed you'll get reverse fuel flow.:awesomework:

Let us know when your ready to move fwd.
:corn:

:stirpot:

so i checked the canister harness. turns out the wires where crossed!!! runs like a dream now:fawkdancesmiley:thanks

i meant the idaol air module sorry, rite behind the TPS. i took it out and its very gumed up.

OK so the IAC-idle air control is not working right.
This will either cause a slow idle or a fast idle but should not cause the engine to die.

If you read the FAQ's as you said. Then you should have seen the initial setup procedures.
That will tell you if the IAC is working.
If you twist or push and pull the pintle, then throw it away and buy another.
It will be bad.

To read codes, connect a wire between pin A and B of the aldl connector just like if you had performed the setup procedures, and turn the key on. Then count the blinks. Each code repeats 3 times.
12 means the motor is not running.

But I don't think you have read the FAQ's

OK so the IAC-idle air control is not working right.
This will either cause a slow idle or a fast idle but should not cause the engine to die.

If you read the FAQ's as you said. Then you should have seen the initial setup procedures.
That will tell you if the IAC is working.
If you twist or push and pull the pintle, then throw it away and buy another.
It will be bad.

To read codes, connect a wire between pin A and B of the aldl connector just like if you had performed the setup procedures, and turn the key on. Then count the blinks. Each code repeats 3 times.
12 means the motor is not running.

But I don't think you have read the FAQ's

i put a test light in a and b and turned the key on just like it said, nothing for blinking wise. when i did this the IAC makes a slit buzzing sound. i know it was the IAC because i un pluged it and it stoped, i plug it back in and it starts. i didnt read anything about that in the FAQs. i also used a little light from autozone same thing. the light also does not light up. same thing with the IAC. and yes im in the right pug. theres only 3 wires going to that plug and i tryed the other one to for the hell of it, nothing. i might sound like an idiot, so be it. im asking for some help thats all. if you wanna make fun of me thats fine o well, i just would like my buggy to run.

i put a test light in a and b and turned the key on just like it said, nothing for blinking wise. when i did this the IAC makes a slit buzzing sound. i know it was the IAC because i un pluged it and it stoped, i plug it back in and it starts. i didnt read anything about that in the FAQs. i also used a little light from autozone same thing. the light also does not light up. same thing with the IAC. and yes im in the right pug. theres only 3 wires going to that plug and i tryed the other one to for the hell of it, nothing. i might sound like an idiot, so be it. im asking for some help thats all. if you wanna make fun of me thats fine o well, i just would like my buggy to run.

Alan--can you get it onto your trailer?

If so I can give ya a couple hours here soon...

Your going to go in circles without some assistance.

It would help if you actually did what was sugested.
I said to connect a "wire" from pin A to B. Not a light.
The wire will set the ECM into aldl mode. Then if your harness has a SES light built in, it should blink.
If it doesn't, then in the wiring required in my FAQ's it list pin A5 of the computer as the SES light wire. This will be a ground from the ECU to turn on the light so you have to connect 1 end of the light to 12V and the other end to the wire on pin A5 of the computer. Then turn the key on.

Marysville to goldbar is a long way for a little trouble shooting. I'm a dang bit closer I would think!! And another guy lives in the same town.

Here is a list of the wires with diagrams.

and here is the link to the set up procedures.

For others reading along, here is the complete FAQ's

Last edited:
sorry, i have a tone of **** going on today and tomorow, ill give ya a call once i can fit it in, im just down the street.

I'll stop by on the way home tomorrow and help you out. I've tried to call you a few times but no answer.

sorry sam i need to up grade to a phone that doesent suck. i called you back and left you a mesage. ill try again later i know your working.

My offer still stands if sam can't help ya with it Alan :awesomework:

cool thanks mike ill let you know.:beer:

i read thru the faqs and my howell book again. got it figured out and running. had a few things in the wrong spot. thanks for the help.:cheer:

Latest posts