• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Injectors/cummins

crash2

-Oh no I picked a side-
So I am ready to do injectors in the dodge(last piece of the puzzle) and I am unsure if I wanna do 50 or 75 horse jobbies(DDP).

I don't wanna build a race truck for sure--just tow strong and still get decent millage...

Any input is appreciated...

I love my DDP 50s. They do burn a little dirty but it never bothered me. They claim an increase in mileage. I never noticed that, but I drive like a fuktard so that could be part if it.

Last edited:
What year cummins? I put 100HP injectors from diesel auto power in my 12 valve, once I got it tuned right I got the same mileage as stock injectors.

Is your truck a 6 speed or auto Mike? If it is an auto I assume its built already. Im not sure how much the HX(HY)35 will love the added fuel of the 75hp or 100hp sticks. I know lots of guys that run the 50hp sticks and make big power. You will get hot with that baby turbo no matter what you do. Just watch the egt temps when towing. Also, its not uncommon to bust the shaft in the HX35. Remember, injectors make power mechanicaly and not electronicly. Its a much better why to make power then a chip. It will smoke a bit more on low rpm rolls but that can be controled by the nut behind the wheel.

I had 60hp sticks in my 2005 truck and it made a huge jump in power. Do to warrenty stuff I was able to upgrade later to 100s but I was a little more set up to handle the added fuel with double spinny things.

I have 100 hp injectors in my 02 with an edge easy on its lowest setting and it makes very good power and i have no problems egt wise. It always haw a camper a large boat behind and never really get too hot unless lugging it forever. Been running them for 6 years

It's an auto. For some reason I thought he upgraded the HY9..

My HX35 lasted a couple years at 45 psi with a decent amount of fuel from a PPump. Still being used on a 1st gen today 6 years or so after I got rid of it. I rarely ever hear of a 35 going bad. I grenaded a 40 within a month though.

They never made a chip for any Dodge..

It's an auto. For some reason I thought he upgraded the HY9..

My HX35 lasted a couple years at 45 psi with a decent amount of fuel from a PPump. Still being used on a 1st gen today 6 years or so after I got rid of it. I rarely ever hear of a 35 going bad. I grenaded a 40 within a month though.

They never made a chip for any Dodge..

Ya--you gave it to me and helped me put it on :fawkdancesmiley:

My trans is built and can handle the power. SO I am leaning towards 75hp...

I have also never ever had a valve cover off one and I suspect when doing them its wise to go ahead and adjust the valves?

Yes, Valve adjustments on cummins is gravytrain... :D
Yes, advised to do so since you're in there anyhow...
Yes, Spend the time to tune them to the truck once in....will make for a :D !