• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Injectors/cummins

I believe I have DDP injectors in mine and the EGTs do run hot. 100hp? not sure, couldn't get a straight answer when I bought it. Could be something completely different. :)

Its fun though!

I would rather have a little more injector than I need, and turn the tuner down a little, but thats me and I like power. My egt's do get hot if I drive it like a jackass, but I only do that. . . daily.:D

I can still back my fuel off enough to tow without any egt issues, I would think you should be able to as well, but I don't have any experience with a 24 valve.

I bought rv275s for my 6 speed 01. Ill put them in when I do my sump/lift pump.

I buy DAP (diesel auto power) injectors ive had great luck with them in 2 12 valves.

I know my memory is bad. But that's pretty good for even me :eeek:

I believe it's 60k for 12 valves, and 120 on 24's for the valve adjust.

Have you actually looked at the specs for these things? Man they have quite the window of tolerance!:redneck:
ISL's are .012intake (.008-.018tol), and .022exhaust (.015-.032tol)...every 100K per Cummins Insite. :awesomework:

Got me goodies...

Attachments

• 20150526_175033.jpg
    20150526_175033.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 167
Pull injection lines, pull tubes, remove hold downs, remove old injectors, drop in new ones. It's a cummins, not a dmax or powerstroke :haha:

89 inch pounds on the hold downs. Can't wait til I can have another one of those boxes sitting in front of me....

Last edited:
Pull injection lines, pull tubes, remove hold downs, remove old injectors, drop in new ones. It's a cummins, not a dmax or powerstroke :haha:

89 inch pounds on the hold downs.

I noticed a special tool for the tubes---not needed I take it?

The guy down at DDP said something about snugging the injector down/backing it off and down again to center it.

I drop it down, run the tube in and snug that down so it centers in the injector, then torque the hold down. I don't use any special tools to remove the tubes. The 12 valves usually need a puller for the injectors. But I never have any sticking issues with the 24's.

Got it part way apart tonight so things make a little more sense.

I can see having something that threads onto the tubes making it a little easier to get them out.

After I get the rest of the injectors pulled I will get the valves adjusted.

So to make sure I got the process right. I plop the injectors in, just snug them down, put the tubes in and put the lines back on since they push the tubes against the injectors and snug them down, tighten the injectors and then lines?

It's been a while. But don't the tubes have collars that snug them down? Shouldn't need the lines for any of the torque down process.

Well I'm not surprised I had forgotten. Just snug the lines down once the injectors are fully seated, then torque the hold downs. And then finish the lines. I don't remember the torque on the lines, but it wasn't much.

Yes, there's a threaded collar on the pass thru tubes...
Torque on the injector hold downs is 89 in lbs...BUT make DAMN sure the holes are CLEAN before dropping the new injector in...and make sure the brass sealing washer is on the tip! Torque on the tube hold down nuts is 41 ft lbs, and the lines are 37 ft lbs...at least on an ISL they are! :D

The 98.5-02 5.9L 24V is different than the ISL, looks like the tubes do hold the pass thru connectors in place!