• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Iphone 5 vs Galaxy S5

Re:

If Verizon weren't a bunch of cunts and would let me upgrade while keeping my unlimited data, this really wouldn't be that big of a deal. Lol

Just in case you aren't aware and I hope I'm correct in saying this... Most new phones are all going to be fast so comparing a cpu that will load a video .0002 seconds faster or a camera that's slightly better but the human eye won't notice a difference anyway isn't what makes the phone the one you want imo. But everyone would take a 5 hp boost in their motor if it was cheap and easy to get even if you could never tell a difference. So I get where your coming from believe me.

Even though all android devices run the current OS they all work differently. Each phone and each manufacturer take the stock OS and tweak it to make it their own. its not like windows where every computer who runs Windows runs the exact same way. I would go to the store and play with them both before I bought one if you haven't already. I dont think any phone runs the stock android OS. But again I'm sure you will be happy with both.

Re:

I believe Motorola is probably the one that runs the closest to stock Android OS, which is what I'm used to. I've read that the app launcher in my Razr HD sucks and a lot of people complain about that, which would explain the hesitating I have already noted as frustrating.

As for the super specs of the S5 and Turbo, I would think the faster processor and extra Ram would be noticeable (compared to my current phone), especially when streaming music bluetoothed in the truck and running Google Maps Navigation, then texting and whatnot on top of that. That's when my current phone goes full retard and I want to smash it with a hammer. Lol

I switched from an iPhone 4s to S5 Active last fall.

I like the S5 for alot of reasons. it works well, im finally figuring out where all the menus lead etc. I work in IT, but just dont really care that much to tweek and twiddle with my phone like some people do...

over all its a great phone. awesome reception, great battery, fast, ive had to reboot it 2x in 6 months, and I love the power saver mode when battery goes low.

I love that its waterproof without some big bulky case, and ive dropped it several times and its holding up awesomely. camera is outstanding too.

cons: Its too big to use with one hand. I love the big screen, but it just doesnt work for my normal sized hands. you gotta hold it with one and then control with the other.
Its loaded with bloatware crap that you cant remove.

Im happy with my choice of android over apple, like having removable storage, and love that I havent had to **** with iTunes in all that time.
asf
If I had it to do over again, I think I'd get the Google Nexxus 6 and a straight talk no contract plan.

The S5 is a great phone, but it was very expensive.

TacomaJD said:
If Verizon weren't a bunch of cunts and would let me upgrade while keeping my unlimited data, this really wouldn't be that big of a deal. Lol

We have already gone over this. You can. Go to bestbuy.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
As for the super specs of the S5 and Turbo, I would think the faster processor and extra Ram would be noticeable (compared to my current phone), especially when streaming music bluetoothed in the truck and running Google Maps Navigation, then texting and whatnot on top of that. That's when my current phone goes full retard and I want to smash it with a hammer. Lol

The new phones will definitely have a noticeable difference over an older one. I was talking about s5 vs turbo. They are both retarded fast I'm sure.

Re: Re:

TacomaJD said:

Buy the phone with Verizon edge. It spreads the full purchase price over two years of monthly payments, but allows you to keep your plan.

ibrokeit said:
We have already gone over this. You can. Go to bestbuy.

I'm not sure how that will work with my Siemens discount with Verizon. I get 19% off bill and discounted phones with contract. But yeah, I forgot about that til you just mentioned it.

TacomaJD said:
I'm not sure how that will work with my Siemens discount with Verizon. I get 19% off bill and discounted phones with contract. But yeah, I forgot about that til you just mentioned it.

I know the bill discount will be fine. Not sure about the phone but It will still be cheaper than paying eBay prices.

mac5005 said:
Buy the phone with Verizon edge. It spreads the full purchase price over two years of monthly payments, but allows you to keep your plan.

Or just go to best buy. They will let you keep your unlimited data.

Re:

Unlimited data is the dictating factor here, really. I lost the bid on that phone and did not want to bid more than $370, so I may see what I can do at Best Buy.

I average around 14gb of data per month streaming music and whatnot. Last November I used 19gb. So a package with that much data would be stupid expensive, thus buying phones outright is my best option....unless this Best Buy deal works out.

Re:

TacomaJD said:
Unlimited data is the dictating factor here, really. I lost the bid on that phone and did not want to bid more than $370, so I may see what I can do at Best Buy.

I average around 14gb of data per month streaming music and whatnot. Last November I used 19gb. So a package with that much data would be stupid expensive, thus buying phones outright is my best option....unless this Best Buy deal works out.

NM, nexus 6 is only availble through carriers and verizon isnt included... dumb.

No keeping your unlimited data anymore through Best Buy. Just got off the phone with the Best Buy Mobile store in Chattanooga and they said Verizon has cracked down on them, closing all loopholes that would allow them to let you keep an unlimited data plan. The guy I spoke with is in the exact same boat I am with high data usage and keeping his unlimited data. Guess it's back to expensive phone shopping.... :indianajones:

TacomaJD said:
No keeping your unlimited data anymore through Best Buy. Just got off the phone with the Best Buy Mobile store in Chattanooga and they said Verizon has cracked down on them, closing all loopholes that would allow them to let you keep an unlimited data plan. The guy I spoke with is in the exact same boat I am with high data usage and keeping his unlimited data. Guess it's back to expensive phone shopping.... :indianajones:

Call Huntsville then. I know someone that just did it here.

ibrokeit said:
Call Huntsville then. I know someone that just did it here.

Just called Huntsville BBM, got a stronger "No" from them than the Chattanooga store. Find me a store that will let me keep my unlimited data and I'll make the drive lol.

Re:

I may end up dropping coin for the Droid Turbo. Thing is such a beast of a phone. I know it was mentioned earlier about can you really notice the difference in the faster processor, here is a great comparison vid of the Droid Turbo with 2.7ghz processor vs. The Droid Maxx that only has 1.7ghz processor (my razr HD has 1.5ghz and acts just like the Droid Maxx does in this vid). A little over halfway through the vid, he compares side by side opening apps. Great perspective on how slow the Droid Maxx is compared to the Droid Turbo, even though the Maxx is a still a great phone. That hesitant launching of apps drives me insane, so I think the extra $$ spent on the Turbo will be worth it.

DROID Turbo vs DROID Maxx: http://youtu.be/PLQXT3YZNtI

Turbo's are just too high used...just gave $340 for an S5 in great condition. We'll see how that goes, now.

Ebay pics
aebbd272966f3b54071efc0b0347f500.jpg

d96b632b703c1ccb93bd0377ce6e2771.jpg

Re:

You've turnt me on to wantin a turbo. Prolly give the kids the ultra and the maxx, and grab two turbos. They're still kicking ass with iPhone 4s, and both have an upgrade I could use. I can't even hardly make a damn phone call on their phones, I'm so use to the droids!

Re:

I will never go iOS. Gonna give my gf my Razr HD, will be a big upgrade over her iphone 4 3g phone. Im excited about the S5. Once the Turbo's come down, I might buy one and sell the S5, but by then, no telling what else will be out. Maybe phone's don't keep getting bigger....I don't want anything larger than the S5/Turbo.