• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

It Lives!

BroncoMike1

Finally, after far too long, my junk is fixed. At least till something else breaks :cool:.

Just finished re building and installing the trans in my '85 Bronco. It's a C6 behind a 300 straight six, wasn't really that hard but it was my first trans so I took it over to my uncles place for some help. He's done a bunch of transmissions(professionally) and has a lift, which is pretty handy.

Drove it around all day today and nothing blew up, just excited and wanted to share:cheer:

It's pretty much stock, it's going to be a wheeler/driver so it's not getting too extreme. I have a lock right on the way for the rear and the next purchase is a winch. Haven't had a wheeler for a while so I'm going to go slow and building it just the way I want. A four barrel and intake will come pretty soon too, it is slooow. After sending 140 horsepower threw a C6, not a hell of a lot gets to the road:D

Good to hear your rebuild works!
I rebuilt a Ranger A4LD back in June (I've heard it's basicsly a glorified C3-6 basically).
It's definitely easy to wonder what you're getting into, but once you're in there, it makes a lot more sense huh?

Congrats BroncoMike! :beer:

Where do you plan on 'wheeling it?

Regards,

Alan
------------------------------------------------
Finally, after far too long, my junk is fixed. At least till something else breaks :cool:.

Just finished re building and installing the trans in my '85 Bronco. It's a C6 behind a 300 straight six, wasn't really that hard but it was my first trans so I took it over to my uncles place for some help. He's done a bunch of transmissions(professionally) and has a lift, which is pretty handy.

Drove it around all day today and nothing blew up, just excited and wanted to share:cheer:

It's pretty much stock, it's going to be a wheeler/driver so it's not getting too extreme. I have a lock right on the way for the rear and the next purchase is a winch. Haven't had a wheeler for a while so I'm going to go slow and building it just the way I want. A four barrel and intake will come pretty soon too, it is slooow. After sending 140 horsepower threw a C6, not a hell of a lot gets to the road:D

Thanks guys, yeah, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be although its a pretty basic trans compared to what's out there now. Makes me laugh though, someone at some point found shifting manually was so inconvenient that they had to invent an automatic.

I'd like to wheel walker at some point, it's only 15 minutes from my house. I've never been up there though, not sure if its a good idea until I get a locker in the back, especially in the snow. I'd like to go with someone though, I don't have any wheeling buddies anymore. I used to wheel down at Evans creek a lot but that was in a lifted scout on 33's and it was locked front and rear.

Here's a pic from before the trans took a dump on me, crap like two years ago. Looks the same now. It's pretty stock but I've done a lot of work to it, just to make it a nice driver. Complete front end rebuild, bearings, ball joints, steering components and brakes. New KYB mono tubes all around. Converted it to Duraspark II setup and replaced all ignition components, cuz a computer controlled one barrel feedback carb was just a dumb idea on Fords part. It has Eddie Bauer buckets, new stereo, I custom made new side panels for the back and used sound damping material on the inner fenders. Scored a used roll bar, the factory rubber floor mat was in good shape so I left it as is.

Lots of little stuff like that

P1000575.jpg

Here's a pic from before the trans took a dump on me, crap like two years ago. Looks the same now. It's pretty stock but I've done a lot of work to it, just to make it a nice driver. Complete front end rebuild, bearings, ball joints, steering components and brakes. New KYB mono tubes all around. Converted it to Duraspark II setup and replaced all ignition components, cuz a computer controlled one barrel feedback carb was just a dumb idea on Fords part. It has Eddie Bauer buckets, new stereo, I custom made new side panels for the back and used sound damping material on the inner fenders. Scored a used roll bar, the factory rubber floor mat was in good shape so I left it as is.

Lots of little stuff like that

P1000575.jpg

Very nice Mike!!!!:awesomework:

My old bronco w/ str8 inline6 was bullet proof which this one reminded me of was a car lot special best $300 I ever spent:haha: this pic was in 2006 @ redneck rugrats run had about 8-10 good beat down runs on it then killed it on the 519 trail the axle came out "good times"It was super clean and very nice when started out:beer:

bronco.jpg