• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is it worth it , or are forums a dying media ?

Try to update the software, certs and get the boards right or not waste the time and money ?

• YES PLEASE !

Votes: 101 93.5%
  • Not worth the coin and effort

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Everyone already moved on to FB and Insta

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • STFU P

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
Pirate = Corporate sell out

Exactly what Hardline has always carefully avoided.

Forum members are what makes Hardline great... I agree some OG club guys don't understand that. It'll work itself out . This is not the first big lull on the boards. I sure hope it isn't the last !

Actually, I think pirate and HL are in a very, very similar spot.

Owners stopped upgrading the website.
Owners have stopped investing time in it.
Interface is getting worse and worse every day.

The only difference is that pirate is full of adds and HL isn't.

I 100% agree with Andrew.

I dedicated entirely too much time and effort in the course of a couple years to this forum. I have cut back almost completely from using any social media.
I have tried to keep things entertaining without being a post whore just to watch it slowly die.
My advice is that it doesn't matter what direction the captains steers this ship of the crew isn't doing its job.
All of the "I don't have anything interesting to post" comments are BS. Post up what your doing, where you are riding, some of the best and most informative threads have started from a question that's been asked a 100 times. Without participation from everyone this discussion on what HL will become is pointless.

I realized that I have met everyone a talk to outside of business from this forum. I've helped out people in need that I've met on here and met some of the realist people in my life on here. This is a good thing we got going. It will have to change to stay alive and I'm thankful a couple people are stepping up.

Less bullshit more riding.

Let's ride ed. I'll show you how to get up violator.... you still on tour with candycane???
Totally busting your balls..
But seriously let ride. I've changed so much on the buggy and its working... next weak it probably won't

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Re: Re: Is it worth it , or are forums a dying media ?

P said:
Pirate = Corporate sell out

Exactly what Hardline has always carefully avoided.

Forum members are what makes Hardline great... I agree some OG club guys don't understand that. It'll work itself out . This is not the first big lull on the boards. I sure hope it isn't the last !
Then what is the biggest lull????
Advertising
Time invested with no return
Old timers not willing
???
Preach to the choir at any time

jeeptj99 said:
If it's your avatar pic please do. It might be the kick i need to do mine.

I have tried twice to start a thread and it bombs out when I hit the submit button with 500 error.

Two things that seem to show me the forum is a little more active than it appears are PMs and non active users. It seems like I get as many or more comments about a post via PM as I do in the thread. I know quite a few folks that don't post but still follow what's going on with tech and then discuss in person.
I like seeing all kinds of builds and trail pics. Doesn't matter if it's super low budget basic stuff. I also like to see how trails have changed since I was there last or see a place that makes me plan a trip there.

cbrjeeper said:
Then what is the biggest lull????
Advertising
Time invested with no return
Old timers not willing
???
Preach to the choir at any time

TECH is the issue neither of us still involved ( Gregg or I ) are computer saavy. We have to lean on others to do the work or explain the process needed. That takes time and effort alot of people don't want to deal with so it's been a dead horse with a bat swung at it for years.

bad80cj said:
I like pallets and I cannot lie! :gtfo:

[size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt][size=10pt]WINNER[/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size][/size] :rolf: :rolf: :rolf:

ADMINISTRATOR

get some

Attachments

• DSC07635.JPG
    DSC07635.JPG
    448.6 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC07655.JPG
    DSC07655.JPG
    595.7 KB · Views: 94
xjmarc said:
Unfortunately I've seen kids cooking hot dogs over tire fires on our good ole Aetna mountain.

I set a couch on fire on Aetna in high school. Watched a dude in a Saturn ion with a drive out tag make it almost to pb hole too.

jeeptj99 said:
I set a couch on fire on Aetna in high school. Watched a dude in a Saturn ion with a drive out tag make it almost to pb hole too.

Back when you could still get up whiteside I saw plenty of cars at PBH, not any you'd want but they made it.

xjmarc said:
Back when you could still get up whiteside I saw plenty of cars at PBH, not any you'd want but they made it.
????????????

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk