• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Is it worth it , or are forums a dying media ?

Try to update the software, certs and get the boards right or not waste the time and money ?

• YES PLEASE !

Votes: 101 93.5%
  • Not worth the coin and effort

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Everyone already moved on to FB and Insta

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • STFU P

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
Some important things to remember about this forum:

1) I took over attempting to sail this ship with P from a GURU of multimedia and I cannot, will not, nor will ever be able to replicate HIS understanding of how to float this boat. In layman's terms, I AM A DUMBASS when it comes to computer knowledge if you couldn't already tell. I put in tons of time trying to decipher what is right and wrong when it comes to running this forum daily, but lately I have been tied up with a change in my life. This is a full time job for anyone to run this site smoothly. :****:

2) John G consistently put out money out of his own pocket to address issues as they arose and never asked for a dime and founded this forum on a NON Profit participation basis. He started this partly in due to another larger off road site, and wanted it to be a small group of friends doing what we love, RIDE. He knew if it were to be monetized, issues would be inevitable, because this guy put in more than that guy, and so on. I have always agreed with this way of thinking and have tried to generate finances through shirt sales etc, NOT by promoting self rides and events.

3) Both P and myself have tried to make ourselves accessible to each and everyone of you and to keep an open mind regarding any issues being posted here or on the trails. Your loyalty shows me that you still love and want this site for what it is worth, Discussion, Tech, sales, etc. Thank you.

ADMINISTRATOR

CHASMAN9 said:
Some important things to remember about this forum:

1) I took over attempting to sail this ship with P from a GURU of multimedia and I cannot, will not, nor will ever be able to replicate HIS understanding of how to float this boat. In layman's terms, I AM A DUMBASS when it comes to computer knowledge if you couldn't already tell. I put in tons of time trying to decipher what is right and wrong when it comes to running this forum daily, but lately I have been tied up with a change in my life. This is a full time job for anyone to run this site smoothly. :****:

2) John G consistently put out money out of his own pocket to address issues as they arose and never asked for a dime and founded this forum on a NON Profit participation basis. He started this partly in due to another larger off road site, and wanted it to be a small group of friends doing what we love, RIDE. He knew if it were to be monetized, issues would be inevitable, because this guy put in more than that guy, and so on. I have always agreed with this way of thinking and have tried to generate finances through shirt sales etc, NOT by promoting self rides and events.

3) Both P and myself have tried to make ourselves accessible to each and everyone of you and to keep an open mind regarding any issues being posted here or on the trails. Your loyalty shows me that you still love and want this site for what it is worth, Discussion, Tech, sales, etc. Thank you.

ADMINISTRATOR

Not even remotely trying to take ANYTHING away from JohnG , Buuuuuuuut #2 is just completely incorrect. Myself and MattO started this site and the Hardline Crawlers Club. John was one of the first people we asked to be a part of the endeavor. I will agree 100000% JohnG did take this bull of a forum by the horns and reign it in with Precision and Class in our abscence in later years. And I thank you for doing all you've done since we've lost him, we all want the same thing here. The forums to find it's groove again and to continue to grow as technology and all else has. This has been a major outlet for so many people for so many years I feel like the value in helping it is there.

We've beat this horse dead for around 3 years between OGs , Easyliners and have gotten NO traction or direction. That is why I felt like starting this post, after the discussions with Gregg and also with MattO.
I do have a goal, it is going to take some capital at some point the and as always with the site and what was a club it has always worked out. I just felt it was necessary to see if it's an waste of time and effort or if the changes would bring folks back around to keep this ol girl thriving

If funds are a problem. Why dont you have a official Hardline ride,with part of the gate going to the site. If one ride is not enough,have more and get the funds needed. This is an offroad site,lets go offroading and get the funds needed.

extremetownie said:
If funds are a problem. Why dont you have a official Hardline ride,with part of the gate going to the site. If one ride is not enough,have more and get the funds needed. This is an offroad site,lets go offroading and get the funds needed.

:woot: thumb.gif

Funds aren't currently an issue it's a technical / direction issue but I agree 100% with you. If find raising needs to happen we will get figured out

I do not normally post much just typically check out the classifieds even tho i'm rigless and broke at the moment. Keep it alive or ill have to find another way to waste thirty minutes a day at work :JRich:

John also a few times over the years asked for donations from the membership to help fund upgrades or whatever for the site and would always reach his goal to my knowledge. He used PayPal for the vehicle to move the funds. I always helped out back then and would do so again if that's what's needed.....I think a lot of us would :dunno:

Just an idea

I also like Roger's idea of riding and using the funds from that.

1tonyj said:
John also a few times over the years asked for donations from the membership to help fund upgrades or whatever for the site and would always reach his goal to my knowledge. He used PayPal for the vehicle to move the funds. I always helped out back then and would do so again if that's what's needed.....I think a lot of us would :dunno:

Just an idea

I also like Roger's idea of riding and using the funds from that.

This.

Also, I'm on here every single day. At least 10 times per day. Don't post a lot, but I read dang near everything that comes across. I've met so many people on here. Some of my absolute best friends are in my life 100% because of this forum.

Shut up and take my money. Just tell me where to send it.

dwa2469 said:
Dude, it has got to suck living in Sparta now, with GMP closed. It would piss me off every time I rode near there :****:

It does but I keep hoping that the future will hold more chances to get to ride there again.

xjmarc said:
This was Choco and mostly buggies, I ended up following a Yota on tons and 42s and only managed to break one axle and rip off the rear shocks, I considered it a good day.

they are only 38's but i keep em clean

84mallcrawl said:
they are only 38's but i keep em clean

No way those are 38s or they are some huge 38s. My 38 TSLs might have measured 37 brand new with 25psi in them and yours looked way taller than mine. I still appreciate you showing me around.

P said:
:woot: thumb.gif

Funds aren't currently an issue it's a technical / direction issue but I agree 100% with you. If find raising needs to happen we will get figured out

UPDATE spent sometime with an IT person this weekend, she is going to
Look at some things and give me some options :woot:

Funds aren't the issue. We could easily have a fundraiser once a year to provide the $$$ to move to a new server with better software and pay for the upkeep. IMO the issue is that the "owners" of hardline.com have zero interest in the board, do not access or interact with it in anyway anymore, yet are unwilling to sell/relinquish the domain for whatever reason. So to me it doesn't make much sense to sink a bunch of time/money/energy into something you have no control over at the end of the day. Not saying this would ever happen but I can imagine a scenario where Hardline is brought back to greatness and then all of a sudden the old club shows back up. I know you guys know what I'm talking about. That all being said I do think forums are a dying media and no amount of upgrades are going to bring Hardline back to where it used to be. Just look at Pirate.