• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Jet band saw problem!

LSO

So first off i got a Jet HVBS-463 stationare band saw.

It has not wanted to cut straight at all. (blade dives in the deeper it cuts) So i got a new blade and messed with the feeds and speeds and still cant get it to down feed with out the blade bowing off to the clamp side.

Please if any one has an idea or experience with this saw help me out!

Thanks

The adjustable blade guide on the left of the material, how close do you have it to the material? If it is not close enough the blade will not cut straight.

Make sure it tracks straight when the blade guides/rollers are NOT touching the blade.

Once you have that then set the guides.

Another thing that will cause wander is if the blade is not set tight enough. or if the speed of the machine changes (bogs if dull or nasty material)

The adjustable blade guide on the left of the material, how close do you have it to the material? If it is not close enough the blade will not cut straight.

Its as close as it getts.

thanks though.

Last edited:
Make sure it tracks straight when the blade guides/rollers are NOT touching the blade.

Once you have that then set the guides.

Another thing that will cause wander is if the blade is not set tight enough. or if the speed of the machine changes (bogs if dull or nasty material)

I will see what the blade looks like with out the rollers touchin. Ow and i got that sucker as tight as a can get it.

Were do you guys buy your blades from?

Thanks for the info.

So the roller guides are what hold the blade perpindicular to the work on this saw. When i took the guides loses the blade moved 45 degrees! and there is only adjustment in the back roller not the side ones.

Dude quit playing with it and get a new blade! Besides you should be welding on my housing. Chop chop mo fer :p

I had a blade on my POS saw that cut straight as an arrow, but had a few teeth missing from me being in a hurry! :redneck: I changed blades to another that came with the saw, and it cuts crooked as fawk...was able to adjust it to be somewhat ok, but will be changing the blade here real shortly...luckily the last few cuts I did needed a little angle to 'em! :haha: