• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

JK Unlimited Black Ops

Getting ready for winter....

Got the hardtop on and threw on a set of 35" MTR's mounted on Walker Evan Beadlocks. Damn its tough to go from 39's to 35's....

146.jpg

WinterSetup001.jpg

WinterSetup003.jpg

Getting ready for winter....

Got the hardtop on and threw on a set of 35" MTR's mounted on Walker Evan Beadlocks. Damn its tough to go from 39's to 35's....
I don't understand?
Did you replace the BFG Krawlers with Goodyear MTR Kevlars because you think Krawlers don't work good in winter? And if so, then why are you selling the Kevlars because you're not happy with them?

Don't worry about wearing out those tires and breaking your axles Bill. It looks way better with the Krawlers.

I don't understand?
Did you replace the BFG Krawlers with Goodyear MTR Kevlars because you think Krawlers don't work good in winter? And if so, then why are you selling the Kevlars because you're not happy with them?

lol....

The Krawlers are 39's and dont like rain and snow to much, or so Im told. Also, this is my daily driver and when the weather gets nasty, its easier to jump in and out of the Jeep with the smaller tires.

I never said I was selling the Kevlars. I just got them for this reason alone (winter use). My comment of "tough to go from 39's to 35's is purely based on how the Jeep looks.

Basically, my plan is to have 2 sets of rims and tires which I now have. The Krawlers will go back on next year when winter is past us. :beer:

lol....

The Krawlers are 39's and dont like rain and snow to much, or so Im told. Also, this is my daily driver and when the weather gets nasty, its easier to jump in and out of the Jeep with the smaller tires.

I never said I was selling the Kevlars. I just got them for this reason alone (winter use). My comment of "tough to go from 39's to 35's is purely based on how the Jeep looks.

Basically, my plan is to have 2 sets of rims and tires which I now have. The Krawlers will go back on next year when winter is past us. :beer:

Sipe the center lugs of the Krawlers. They'll LOVE rain and snow. :D I drive my YJ for the last several years every time it snows, and they hook up great. Also used them for Evan's snow runs for several years. Just air 'em down. Way way down.
Regarding selling the Kevlars, you posted in Clarks' thread that they were available. :eeek:

Sipe the center lugs of the Krawlers. They'll LOVE rain and snow. :D I drive my YJ for the last several years every time it snows, and they hook up great. Also used them for Evan's snow runs for several years. Just air 'em down. Way way down.
Regarding selling the Kevlars, you posted in Clarks' thread that they were available. :eeek:

Not really, I told Clark I would make HIM a good deal on them if he needed them but it looks like he doesn't.

Really, my plan all along was to have 2 sets of wheels and tires which I now have. I am require to dress up for work which makes it a pain jumping in and out of the Jeep on 39's when the weather is nasty. This is why I am running the 35's right now. I absolutely hate the way it looks but it serves its purpose for the time being.

Not really, I told Clark I would make HIM a good deal on them if he needed them but it looks like he doesn't.

Really, my plan all along was to have 2 sets of wheels and tires which I now have. I am require to dress up for work which makes it a pain jumping in and out of the Jeep on 39's when the weather is nasty. This is why I am running the 35's right now. I absolutely hate the way it looks but it serves its purpose for the time being.
Ahhh.:awesomework:

Rock Krawler Long Arm upgrade is installed along with the new TrailReady HD17 beadlocks....I am liking the polished look vs the black powdercoat I had before.

009-1.jpg

You must either have way too much money or an exceptional hook-up on 39" Red Labels. I'd never even think of putting a sticky on a daily driver. Am I missing something?

You must either have way too much money or an exceptional hook-up on 39" Red Labels. I'd never even think of putting a sticky on a daily driver. Am I missing something?

If you read through the thread they are Blue label krawlers not a sticky

Yeah, definately dont have too much money but I do have a hookup on red labels however these are blue labels.

Absolutely correct! :awesomework:

wow.. looks amazing.. Great Job

Thanks, still have a bit to do on it but its getting there. :beer:

my bad, I was thinking that the KX designated the competition compound. I didn't realize the KX includes sticky AND street compounds.

I have and have only seen sticky Krawlers in the 39" flavor.

Very nice rig!!!

Any updates on this?

I have a LJ that I'm thinking of trading in for a 2011 4door JK and love what you did with yours. Anything you would do over again?