• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Keebler Elves and 2.4

JNK-RNR

Well, I have not had luck with my toyota engines ( more like the people who rebuild them ), and my ole 2.4 sounds like the keebler elves are clapping their spoons in my oil pan. SO, I have come across a 96 Astro van with a perfectly good running 4.3....dare I look into this or go ahead and rip out the 2.4 and rebuild the bottom end again? I have done a little research into it and I have a couple friends who have the place and tools available to do the swap here in VA. What I need is some reccomendations on which conversion kit should I buy, or should I piece one together.

Now keep in mind my 4Runner has an Auto tranny with a manual T-Case.
:corn:

Hi All:

I'd say give the folks at MarlinCrawler a call; I'm sure they can give you the info you need.

I think you'll be very happy with the power increase from the 4.3L V-6. Only thing to worry about is emissions testing; you will need to check with the State to find out if it will be an issue or not.

Good luck!

Alan

Hi All:

Only thing to worry about is emissions testing; you will need to check with the State to find out if it will be an issue or not.

Good luck!

Alan

Not to worry, because I am military I can keep my Oregon tags...you coppers can't harras me.

Thanks Alan, I will check Marlin site ( one place I did not look )

Chris